Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I endorse what others are saying about chucking in a phone call. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I hope it all works out for you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

I am flying next November on my own and this is a concern especially as i plan to book my seat like the OP way in advance and no matter where i book it will be awkward for somebody in a group/couple
i would consider moving depending on the situation e.g. child and parent, or like the situation Mrs Weasley was in, however not just so some one can sit together just because. would want a way better seat in lou

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geniefan View Post
I most certainly won't be moving for anyone. I have a medical condition that is alleviated by laying back - hence why I have booked 19D, so I can recline for the whole flight without bothering anyone. I'm trying to be considerate to others is what I'm trying to say. Plus I need to isle seat so I can jump up at any time and grab my medication that will be locked away in my carry on above in the little hold thing.
x
100% contact Virgin and make sure they not your medical condition. It will make them less likely to move you. They can't guarantee you wont be but will at least help. I always have the same fear (registered blind so having to manourver around people to get in and out is a no go for me). I ensure its noted and so far - touch wood - only time I was moved was due to a change of plane and the seat was still OK.

I am OK in terms of row location but seat wise I know I can't cope without an aisle seat so if someone offers to swap aisle for aisle I wouldn't mind so much but even then I choose my seat for a reason. The only reason they may move you is for plane change circumstances or due to other disability issues but then I always think they should check with people before doing this. It annoys me no end when they don't.

Edited at 01:21 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

I have already put a phone call in to Virgin - I did this a few weeks back. The man I spoke to was helpful and when I asked for some sort of confirmation email to prove I had made this call and it was logged, he said "oh its okay just tell them that David in Swansea has noted it"... thats all!

So ive typed it in the notes on my phone exactly when I made the call and at what time etc should there be any arguments.

I know its a slightly trivial thing to be worried about, but its a big thing to me. Especially as I'm already paying extra to sit in PE, I want this to be a fun and comforting experience. not a stressful one.

I just hope its all okay!
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cysmith16
Trying for More Ears

Virgin moved us from PE to economy, and didn't tell us until we were checking in at LGW the night before lol. Anything is possible. Good luck!
cysmith16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cysmith16 View Post
Virgin moved us from PE to economy, and didn't tell us until we were checking in at LGW the night before lol. Anything is possible. Good luck!
Really? thats so awful. I hope you got some sort of refund!
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I did a solo trip last September and booked 19D in PE going out, I was fine, didn't get moved.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

These people who are asking others to move, are they just chancing their arm after not paying extra for the seats they actually wanted at the time of booking? I'd be standing my ground in those circumstances.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
These people who are asking others to move, are they just chancing their arm after not paying extra for the seats they actually wanted at the time of booking? I'd be standing my ground in those circumstances.
Im not sure about the paying for it, because in PE its free seat allocation at the time of your booking. But my point is that I have booked almost a year in advance so I should be allowed to keep my seat. Whereas people that book a last minute trip and discover they are unable to get seated together, well, sorry but tough luck. Sounds like I am being harsh, but thats the way of it world isn't it!

I totally understand the child thing where a baby will need to sit next to parent, but again, book your trip strategically. I just hope that the little note someone says they put on my booking re my medical issue stands as ground.

x
Old 2 Jul 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by geniefan View Post
Im not sure about the paying for it, because in PE its free seat allocation at the time of your booking. But my point is that I have booked almost a year in advance so I should be allowed to keep my seat. Whereas people that book a last minute trip and discover they are unable to get seated together, well, sorry but tough luck. Sounds like I am being harsh, but thats the way of it world isn't it!

I totally understand the child thing where a baby will need to sit next to parent, but again, book your trip strategically. I just hope that the little note someone says they put on my booking re my medical issue stands as ground.

x
The only way they will bump you is if it is to accommodate a parent and small child or if a Gold member requests the seat. (It shouldn't be possible for gold's to bump people from seats they have reserved but virgin do allow it)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List