Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 6 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Any techy dibbers

My son has an iPad and he has to do an update it’s iOs 12 and it says his iPad does not support wireless updating and he has to plug it into iTunes on a laptop or computer to do it. We don’t have either - he has tried my dads laptop and it tells him to download iTunes but it won’t work and he has tried my daughters MacBook but it’s telling her she needs a different version and also she doesn’t want to synch her MacBook to his iPad and get all of his stuff on hers. Why does it do this? Is there no way of doing it without a laptop? It’s a con! He can use YouTube he says but can’t use any other apps etc
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Try this

discussions.apple/thread/8452922
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

From what I know, it probably means he hasn’t got enough space for the temp files; have a little look how much storage space he has left, it might be he needs to delete or send some stuff to cloud, iOS 12 came out a little while back, so it’s not surprising most apps now want it though?
Just for ref, in case it’s not the storage thing, how old is this iPad? (I can research a little)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
1 plug I pad in to pc
2 load I tunes
3 you should come up with a screen than says do you want to synic I pad say no and it should say do you want to update he can then just update I pad I never sonic my I pad with pc as I go to much stuff on it
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

All iPads can do over the air updates, so it isn't that it is not capable. As mentioned, has it got enough free space on it?

Apple are discontinuing iTunes soon as there is no relieve on it for anything anymore.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
All iPads can do over the air updates, so it isn't that it is not capable. As mentioned, has it got enough free space on it?

Apple are discontinuing iTunes soon as there is no relieve on it for anything anymore.
I’ve spent the morning collating 350 pieces of music into playlists for a figure skating competition. They are then synced onto the iPad

I have no idea how I’m going to do this without iTunes.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Thanks for replies - sorry only just found the thread thought it had been deleted. I’ve just clicked on that link and when I click on his general tab and look for storage it’s not there as it says. I can manage storage but it doesn’t list all the apps etc and show iOS 11 or whatever. It’s quite an oldish iPad but it’s newer than mine - I’ve had mine about 10 years maybe slightly more and I’ve never had a problem. Mine is a little sluggish which is possibly storage but I’ve never had any issues updating. He doesn’t want to do a hard resent though as he says that wipes everything.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Look in settings. General. About.

To see which version you are on.

And it will also tell you which model you have.

And how much available space there is
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List