Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

LA and surrounding themeparks 2020- need some input

Hello everyone ,

I am looking to book a trip for me and my partner next year to LA , just for 1 week.

We would like to stay relatively near universal as we love HHN, but we have never been to LA before so I'm a bit all over the place.

We would like to visit, six flags, disneyworld,warner bros and knotts berry aswell.

Is Hollywood a good place to place ourselves for a base?
I've heard that LA traffice is a killer, would it be inpractical to get up early and say, drive to disneyland/ six flags/knotts berry farm etc from hollywood?

Is it easier to just get an UBER to this places?
cameroon95 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

You would be best doing a split stay, we have in the past and doing same this year basing ourselves near Universal studios for a few days and will do Universal and some other things in the area like Santa Monica etc. Magic Mountain is a fairly easy drive from here, however we are staying over for two nights near the park enterance to make things easier as park open 10.30-1am during fright fest. We will also then base ourselves down in Anaheim for visiting Disneyland and Knotts.

We will only collect the car when moving to Magic Mountain and then drop it back off when arrive in Anaheim. Easy to get round Hollywood area without a car and same with Anaheim. There is a Bus to knotts from Disneyland or it’s not much for an Uber.

You could Uber to Magic Mountain from Universal studios area for about $32 each way, but traffic may increasse that and also if going for Fright fest the park stays open until 1am and not sure how easy to get an Uber at that time and might be easy to get a hotel near the park (much cheaper per night than the Hollywood area).
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Definitely do a split stay. Base your self in Anaheim for disney(walk) and knottsberry(uber),then I'd recommend Burbank for WB and Six flags,safer than central LA.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

We stay in Anaheim for Disney, and Knotts, then we stay in Stevenson Ranch for six flags, we base ourselves here as well for Universal and WB as the traffic is easier driving down to those parks
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List