Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jul 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3
Excited about Disney

Do last minute bargains exist these days?

We have a week off at the end of August, and would like to squeeze in a European break before the kids go back to school/college/Uni.
Years ago people who waited until maybe a week before could get a bargain holiday at a fraction of the price in the brochure.
Is this still a thing? And where should I look?
As a family we have fallen into the trap of pre organised holidays,(usually very necessary when stuck to school holidays), but this year’s summer break would have to be very cheap (£2000 or less for family of 5) as we are going to Florida at Xmas.
Not fussy where we go, so long as the weather is hot and there’s a pool. I have been looking at Eurocamp type places in Spain which look excellent, but caravan alone is £1300 and upwards. And I am struggling to find flights which are decent times, and right days of the week to match up!
Goofy3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Check out Holiday Pirates - they have a lot of deals, including a holiday finder where you can search by date and other criteria.
Old 8 Jul 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think if you are flexible on where you will go you'll be fine.

There will always be things available, it's more whether what's available is where you want to go / your preferred room type etc.

I was looking for June this year (late deal) Vs booking early for next June and there wasn't much in it.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Check out Holiday Pirates - they have a lot of deals, including a holiday finder where you can search by date and other criteria.
second this, sign up to emails. Some great bargains, just wish i had more time!
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We flew with tui last year on 24th august to Florida direct flights and accommodation at grove resort and spa was £264pp booked a week beforehand,this was for 14 nights though.definately worth checking with tui
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We are hoping for the same for a week in early October. Our daughter is going to uni in September so DH and I are hoping for a cheap deal in Europe, we aren’t fussy where just a week away in the sun. We usually plan and book holidays a year or so in advance so we felt it would be fun to see what we can get last minute. DH is quite happy to wait but I am stressing that we may end up struggling to find something. I keep looking and prices seem to have stayed around the same for the week we want. Does anyone have any idea how many weeks before is the most likely for a bargain?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

For us around 4 weeks before the prices dropped and dropped a little more around 2.5 weeks out
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Lastminute.com?
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for your replies. Never heard of holiday pirates so that’s on my list to check out.
Also Florida for £265 each! I could be persuaded
Goofy3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List