Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 27 Jul 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

Hubby hates shopping but will tolerate a few hours though, me and the DD will happily shop for hours. For some its hell on earth for me its relaxing and fun.. It really is each to their own but I find shopping a chill day and love to browse and spend lots of $$$$ lol
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

Neither DH nor I really like shopping at home. In Florida he insists we visit a mall ‘cause he wants to shop’. I tend to humour him as I know how it will play out - we walk into the mall and visit probably 2 shops before he feels overwhelmed and decides he has had enough. Usually takes about an hour for this to happen but he still thinks he likes going to them!
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Definitely not just the men who think shopping is a waste of precious holiday time. I have to relent and let the husband and daughter shop for half a day though.
I have minimal interest in shopping whilst on holiday anywhere and that includes mall shopping in Orlando. We visited Vineland premium outlets on a free morning last year, wandered around, bought nothing, lunch in the food court then left.
My only concession to shopping is Orlando i-drive premium outlets for a couple of hours one evening- so we can hit Victoria’s Secret, bath and bodyworks, and the character warehouse. I’m far happier shopping solo or for dedicated stuff/stores and I don’t see it as a family/group experience.

Edited at 09:53 AM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Funny how those who don’t like shopping in Florida are even reading threads / commenting on a post about shopping in Florida 🤣

Next it’ll be people who can’t drive on the Hire Car threads
It’s not quite the same thing is it? I can (as in I am able to) shop, and I have tried it in Orlando, but I personally won’t put aside any more than a couple of hours to do so on my holiday.
If I couldn’t (as in was unable to) drive, I wouldn’t feel I had much to input into a thread about where and how to hire a car.

I think also, the interest and question which prompts this thread and ones like it may be due to the posts we see about people’s hauls of food, clothes, b&b stuff etc and the enthusiasm people have for that. I’m always interested in those threads and posts, we all have different things we prefer to do on holiday, it’s just like everything else in life isn’t it, different strokes for different folks.

Edited at 09:56 AM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hate shopping NEVER ON HOLIDAY!
The word holiday actually means NO SHOPPING

Also would never hire a car in Orlando why would you? 😂
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Storm1
Trying for More Ears

Storm1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I hate shopping at home and do everything online so doing it on holiday sounds even worse I only do a small food shop that consists of pop, alcohol and breakfast bars.
Storm1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Apart from visiting a few shops in Disney Springs, no.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Well I absolutely love shopping in Florida! I do like to shop at home too but there’s something about having holiday money to blow guilt free on a designer handbag that really makes me happy! I would probably never go to my local shopping centre here and treat myself to what I’d buy whilst on holiday, I think it’s that feeling of spoiling myself that I like. Maybe if I did that all year round I would feel differently.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List