Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 12 Jul 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
For us Kelly park is much better. Wekiwa has no tubing like Kelly Springs, it's more a swimming sunbathing day.
Kelly park is the same but with the addition of the lazy river
Thanks Simon & Suzann. What age would you say the tubing at Kelly Park is suitable for? I have a 14 year old and 11 year old plus a 5 year old. Is it possible the 5 year old could go on my knee tubing?
Also the cost as I got. Bit confused by the coating between that and rainbow. Is it $5 total at Kelly Park plus just the cost of your tube hire if you don’t have them?
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

What do people do for phones/keys/wallet etc whilst tubing? We’re thinking of doing this 1 or 2 days soon.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

What are the risk of alligators?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
They’re not allowed in with tubes
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
They’re not allowed in with tubes
That made me laugh! I must admit though the gators are a bit of a worry! If they can get in splash mountain they can certainly get in the springs.
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Thanks Simon & Suzann. What age would you say the tubing at Kelly Park is suitable for? I have a 14 year old and 11 year old plus a 5 year old. Is it possible the 5 year old could go on my knee tubing?
Also the cost as I got. Bit confused by the coating between that and rainbow. Is it $5 total at Kelly Park plus just the cost of your tube hire if you don’t have them?
The kids will love it there. There is the tubing plus a sort of chill pool area where the tubing goes into. This would be ideal for you all to laze out and safe for the 5 yr old (there is a deep bit about 4 foot but you easily avoid this area). If you get there early enough you will also see loads of wildlife.

Kelly Park is $5 per car.

Tubes you have 2 options:
1. You hire tubes from outside which is extra and i don't know the price as we never hire them but i would guess they are about $5 each. Just be warned though that you have to get the inflated tubes from where you hire them into the park which can be a nightmare
2. We always buy them from Walmart and a cheap handpump for a few dollars which blows them up in literally a few minutes. If you are going to the beach or use them in pool then buying them is probably your best bet.

You can also take cooler boxes in with drinks and food to save a few dollars. You can get cheap white polystyrene type ones from Walmart for about $4.

Yes the 5yr old could sit on your lap no problem. There is an easy walk in shallow get in the ring spot at the top. There are small stones there though (imagine a shingly beach kind of thing like the spain ones) so maybe water shoes but we never bother to be honest.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I tend to hang about with slow swimmers so i have a better chance of escape

There are lifeguards there who monitor constantly. Also all the other people about being noisy, plus the cold spring keep the crocs away*

*if one does kill you though please don't hold me responsible and haunt me

All jokes aside we feel very safe there and never heard of any crocs there. There is an end stop thing to stop you going further which i assume would take you into more dangerous areas.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
What do people do for phones/keys/wallet etc whilst tubing? We’re thinking of doing this 1 or 2 days soon.
We try to only take non valuable stuff with us.

Phones and keys etc though we have a waterproof case for that we had from Typhoon Lagoon many moons ago and is brill.
There's lots of waterproof cases and bags etc on Ebay, amazon etc.

They also have a shop that sells stuff there if you forget something.
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
The kids will love it there. There is the tubing plus a sort of chill pool area where the tubing goes into. This would be ideal for you all to laze out and safe for the 5 yr old (there is a deep bit about 4 foot but you easily avoid this area). If you get there early enough you will also see loads of wildlife.

Kelly Park is $5 per car.

Tubes you have 2 options:
1. You hire tubes from outside which is extra and i don't know the price as we never hire them but i would guess they are about $5 each. Just be warned though that you have to get the inflated tubes from where you hire them into the park which can be a nightmare
2. We always buy them from Walmart and a cheap handpump for a few dollars which blows them up in literally a few minutes. If you are going to the beach or use them in pool then buying them is probably your best bet.

You can also take cooler boxes in with drinks and food to save a few dollars. You can get cheap white polystyrene type ones from Walmart for about $4.

Yes the 5yr old could sit on your lap no problem. There is an easy walk in shallow get in the ring spot at the top. There are small stones there though (imagine a shingly beach kind of thing like the spain ones) so maybe water shoes but we never bother to be honest.
Thanks so much for such a detailed response. Definitely putting it on the list rather than weikiwa