Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jul 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Christmas Flights - Book now flying club flights or hold my nerve

hi All

Bear with me as this is a little longwinded

I have booked my dvc for 23 dec - 4 jan but am yet to book my flights We went last year on boxing day for 10 nights and booked in virgin september economy direct using airmiles!

I really need to be back for the 5th but could possibly go anytime from 21st! (however preferably would like to go on 23rd as have booked to see the grinch on 22nd)

We live in manchester and would consider any airport to fly from and also a 1 stop lay over - as long as the full duration of the flight is not too long!

Ok so down to the quandry!

I have pre reserved flights with virgin this morning - i do not have enough flying club miles for the total needed however they have an offer on boosting miles and buying miles at the moment!

therefore for 3 of us doing man-mco then mco - glasgow on my preferred dates 23dec-4jan would cost including tax and the extra miles i have to pay £2382 (this is going in premium returning in economy, however i am not bothered which cabin just want cheapest)

Therefore my query is do i

a- Book it now
b - wait until september for maybe economy and slightly cheaper flight using airmiles?
c - wait and try find an alternative cash flight ?

Hope that all makes sense

thanks
stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post

I would not expect flights to reduce in price as you get closer to Christmas, I would think the opposite more likely. What is the significance of September?

Whether you book these flights or shop around I don't know, but I would be inclined to do it sooner rather than later.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List