Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
What do you mean?

Do you mean Virgin are 'way' cheaper? Becuase it's not certainly in OPs case!

TUI IMO is a much superior product than VA.
On what grounds is TUI superior?

We've not flown with then since they got the new planes as much as I'd like to. Since TUI got their Dreamliners we've always seen their prices to be significantly more expensive than VA, such that the cost difference outweighs my curiosity to fly on that particular plane.
Of course the odd bargain is always out there, but I'm talking every year looking and pricing and finding a consistent pattern. I put it down to them having to recover the cost of their new planes as prior to that the difference was much narrower and went the other way far more often.
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
On what grounds is TUI superior?

We've not flown with then since they got the new planes as much as I'd like to. Since TUI got their Dreamliners we've always seen their prices to be significantly more expensive than VA, such that the cost difference outweighs my curiosity to fly on that particular plane.
Of course the odd bargain is always out there, but I'm talking every year looking and pricing and finding a consistent pattern. I put it down to them having to recover the cost of their new planes as prior to that the difference was much narrower and went the other way far more often.
Please note that I said IMO, so we'll leave it there
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
Please note that I said IMO, so we'll leave it there
Ok, it was a genuine question, I'm in the much of a muchness camp, but have yet to try the 787 based on not finding the right price. Wondered if that was your driver or something else.

anyone else ?
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dtm316
Proud to wear my Ears

dtm316's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 23
TUI was significantly cheaper for use next year as well for PE, with the added bonus of being able to fly from Newcastle rather than having to drive to Manchester made it an easy decision.
The fact that they fly the dreamliner now is just a bonus
dtm316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

You are still in a metal tube whoever you fly with, I go with the cheaper option.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
You are still in a metal tube whoever you fly with, I go with the cheaper option.
Not only are you only in a metal (or carbon) tube. That tube has been built to an identical spec before assembly at one of two locations. No airline gets a better airframe than another.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scolly
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Price price is all that really counts!
Scolly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
TUI for me if I can get a cheap enough deal fom NCL, unfortunately that's not always possible. Don't know why people dismiss Sanford, it is limited for the flight out in terms of facilities but we have always got through immigration much faster than we have at MCO.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Have flown to Orlando with Virgin, TUI and Thomas Cook. Much prefer TUI. Sanford so much easier and quicker. Yes, coming home you are limited at the airport but prefer that to a couple of horrendous occasions we have experienced with queuing at security at MCO. Horses for courses I suppose. Oh, as someone who suffers from jet lag, don’t struggle as much with Dreamliner.

Our Happy Place
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

I always go for the price, we got a last minute from TUI in June, at a bargain price! & we also booked with VH for next year as it was much cheaper than any other including TUI