Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I have flown down and back to Gatwick from Manchester. It wasn’t ideal but it was the best option available to me on the dates I wanted. The prices weren’t bad at all and virgin sorted it all for me
Who did you fly with?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
hallamdisneyfan
Earning More Ears

Time is money - therefore I would pay good money to save time before and after a long flight. No way would I be willing to travel all the way to a London airport if I can fly from somewhere relatively close like Manchester.
hallamdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hallamdisneyfan View Post
Time is money - therefore I would pay good money to save time before and after a long flight. No way would I be willing to travel all the way to a London airport if I can fly from somewhere relatively close like Manchester.
I think we'd all agree, but the statement is predicated on having enough of that good money to spare.
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Who did you fly with?
BA. the only thing is that you land at north terminal and depart from south (or vice versa - can’t remember). However the transfer between the 2 is really easy
We did it again last year for California but it was Heathrow then
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
With Virgin you pay top dollar. Same date and airport with Thomas Cook is £390!

Nobody surely pays £900 economy off peak?
I was dismayed that when we went late Sept a couple of years ago it was no cheaper - watched the pricing for ages and then booked it a few weeks before we went. Ended up booking PE for the return as it was hardly any extra. Paid £1000 each.

Similar price for our trip in a couple of weeks time - booked just after flights were released as there's 9 of us going. About £900 ea for Economy Delight. Been looking quite often and never seen it less than that.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
BA. the only thing is that you land at north terminal and depart from south (or vice versa - can’t remember). However the transfer between the 2 is really easy
We did it again last year for California but it was Heathrow then
It doesn’t look as though BA
do the direct flight to Gatwick currently. Which is a shame because we’ve used it before and would again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
do the direct flight to Gatwick currently. Which is a shame because we’ve used it before and would again.
Ba cancelled man-lgw in about 2011/12 shame really but not enough connections to make it worthwhile
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I've used it before but haven't been able to get LGW over recent years so I wondered if a new airline had taken it on, done MAN-LHR many times I don't like LHR but will do it if that is my best choice.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Oh no what a shame, it was really handy
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We live in Worcester and always choose to fly from Manchester. We have looked at other routes it Manchester is much better after a long flight. It’s about 90-120 minutes on the M6/M5 whereas Gatwick can be 3 1/2 - 4 hours and it’s not a fun route either. We flew from Gatwick to go to Nice and stayed over the night before, as we do in Manchester but the journey was never ending, especially when we hit traffic on the M25. It would be awful after an overnight flight from Florida. Yes we could save about £400 between the 3 of us flying from Gatwick but for us it’s not worth it.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List