Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

First impression Alamo

Have used Dollar for the last 20 years but switched to Alamo this year as we got a very good price with Virgin car hire, reserved a convertible doing skip the counter was easy, when we arrived at the garage we had a choice of 4 Camero’s or 5 Mustangs chose a white Mustang with only 6000 miles on the clock, there was about 4 cars in front of us at the barrier, but every one was dealt with very quickly, we did confirm with the person at checkout that we could return car empty as fuel had already been purchased so far so good, however checked my bank account and they have taken £38 out, sent them an email and the reply was that my package did not include fuel but I have it on our paperwork that I paid extra for it, hoping that this will not turn into a saga as we were impressed with the overhaul ease of using skip the counter, however I am going to use Dollar Diamond at Christmas as you get a free upgrade so we’ll see how that works out.
spinone lover is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Think you’ll be fine as you checked your paper work & it’s on it Thought this was another Avis mess up but it’s Alamo this time, I’m going to double check all my details before I leave the garage, even if the Hubbie moans so at least I’ll have the proof
Good luck 👍
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Have you taken the enhanced package with Virgin that included extra drivers and fuel or did you opt for the bring back empty option with Alamo when you did skip the counter?

If the latter you actually pay when you return the car hence the hold on your card. Never known them to take the loot before the return.

If the former just ensure they remove the charge on your return date before you leave the garage. Better to fight out there than when home.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

We always request the bring back empty option at the barrier but the cost does not come off until the car is returned.
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Have you taken the enhanced package with Virgin that included extra drivers and fuel or did you opt for the bring back empty option with Alamo when you did skip the counter?

If the latter you actually pay when you return the car hence the hold on your card. Never known them to take the loot before the return.

If the former just ensure they remove the charge on your return date before you leave the garage. Better to fight out there than when home.
Thank you yes I took the enhanced package, yes I prefer to sort things out while I am here, anyhow we are happy with the car so that’s the main thing.
spinone lover is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List