Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jessbrown100
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry that's stumped me as we always hire a car but as you need to see the Virgin rep anyway I'm sure they can help.

Have a great time.

Mick
Thank you for all your help! And yes, I hope we will! Soooo excited!
jessbrown100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by jessbrown100 View Post
That's brilliant thank you! I've not ever been an anxious traveller but I think this time the weight of responsibility is weighing on me! (There isn't going to be an adultier adult around!) I'll have a look at the MCO website and if they've got a map on there i'll feel much happier! Thank you again 😊
I would be anxious too travelling for the first time as the only adult with a child to be responsible for. Like you I would ask lots of questions!

It will all be fine, you are forearmed with more knowledge now, and you will both have a wonderful time I'm sure
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jessbrown100

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gemini157 View Post
I would be anxious too travelling for the first time as the only adult with a child to be responsible for. Like you I would ask lots of questions!

It will all be fine, you are forearmed with more knowledge now, and you will both have a wonderful time I'm sure
Awww thank you! I'm pretty laid back about the actual holiday because my lad is honestly the most sensible 10 year old you've ever met (he''s like a middle aged man squished into a small body lol) it''s just the travelling that is making me antsy! But thank you x
jessbrown100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzyd
I want to go now!

Just a thought, do you have the same surname as your son? If you do, that's fine, but if you don't you may need to take your son's original birth certificate and your own birth certificate if your name on your son's birth certificate is different to your current surname in your passport. I am an Immigration Officer and see this all the time, if your surname is different to your child's you need to prove that you're their mother.
KAZZYD :May 1994 - Rosen Inn International. June 1995 - Quality Inn International. June 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza. May 2006 - Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee. May 2012 - Radisson Resort Parkway Kissimmee. June 2014 - Radisson Resort Parkway Kissimmee. August 2016 - Villa Windsor Palms
Kazzyd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jessbrown100

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kazzyd View Post
Just a thought, do you have the same surname as your son? If you do, that's fine, but if you don't you may need to take your son's original birth certificate and your own birth certificate if your name on your son's birth certificate is different to your current surname in your passport. I am an Immigration Officer and see this all the time, if your surname is different to your child's you need to prove that you're their mother.
Yes, we both have the same name thankfully, but thank you for thinking of it! 😊
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I always carry all my make up in my handbag, don’t want it getting lost separate it all when going through security, mascara,foundation, liquid highlighter, Vaseline, lipstick etc
HAVE FUN 🇺🇸
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jessbrown100

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I always carry all my make up in my handbag, don’t want it getting lost separate it all when going through security, mascara,foundation, liquid highlighter, Vaseline, lipstick etc
HAVE FUN 🇺🇸
Thanks for that hun! I don't really have expensive make up so the bulk of it i'm happy to chuck in my case... But I just want to carry enough with me to prevent me looking like an extra from Resident Evil when I get off the plane! 😂😂 I don't think it's fair to inflict that on the good people of Orlando! Lol
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Where are you staying ? If it's a Disney hotel, ring up and ask to cancel your mears transfer and ask for a refund, tell them you're meeting a friend instead. They may not give you anything as it's so close, but if they do easiest few quid you'll ever get.

Then book yourself on magical express. The magical express can be booked before you go to bed tonight and is a FREE Disney bus with a video as opposed to a standard coach.
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Where are you staying ? If it's a Disney hotel, ring up and ask to cancel your mears transfer and ask for a refund, tell them you're meeting a friend instead. They may not give you anything as it's so close, but if they do easiest few quid you'll ever get.

Then book yourself on magical express. The magical express can be booked before you go to bed tonight and is a FREE Disney bus with a video as opposed to a standard coach.
You don’t even need to book the Magical Express from the airport to Disney. Last time we went we flew at such short notice we didn’t have time to book it. We turned up at the ME desk, told them who we were, where we were staying and for how long and they told us to get on the bus. 👌. Have a good one!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
You don’t even need to book the Magical Express from the airport to Disney. Last time we went we flew at such short notice we didn’t have time to book it. We turned up at the ME desk, told them who we were, where we were staying and for how long and they told us to get on the bus. 👌. Have a good one!
I always figured this would be the case... We "booked" once and they had no record when we got to the desk (pre magic bands). They just booked us in, and off we went. Took a few minutes, that's all. It's much nicer to beep your old magic band though