Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
I have a hubby like yours. He always says he could rock up at the airport knowing everything has been done. All he does (when I ask) is to put the clothes he wants to take on the spare bed so I can pack them.
That's nice of him lol. I have to choose and pack for mine! And of course he'll get annoyed I didn't pack that one specific tshirt I had no idea he wanted...
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My husband would love to organize a holiday but it just can’t be allowed to happen. He would have us camping in the middle of nowhere, cycling or skiing or something. He would never leave the UK given a choice. He does enjoy the holidays I organize though but we can’t talk about them before we go !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

My DH is the same as the OP's. We had someone telephone regarding a holiday survey & I head him say ' you would have to ask my wife, all I do is turn up at an airport with her when she tells me to' !
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s not just husbands! My sister is the same. It’s FP day tomorrow so I was finalising the plan. I said “want to hear the plan?”. I got a look of disgust and “not really”. I’ve just to tell her where we’re going each day. You really would think she wasn’t interested but she loves it as much as me. She’s just happy for me to plan it all.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I do get annoyed as well when sometimes he expects me to know literally everything, like we step onto a beach in the Caribbean during a cruise excursion and he expects me to know where the loos are or how long we are staying. I have to grit my teeth and remind him I've never been here before, just like him!
Haha I get this and not just from DH. We had a family get together in a converted barn recently. My Mum was the worst for saying where is this and do they have this when I'd hardly had time to look around myself.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Er... are you married to my husband!?!? Or are you me!?!?!?

But, does your dh pass on the Florida knowledge of how to plan the holiday to others, and it sounds as if he has organised it all? My dh doesn't say he sorted it, but just doesn't say I have!
My DH does exactly the same, I can barely get him to discuss our plans but if anyone else is going to Florida he suddenly becomes an expert and tells them what they shouldn’t miss😳
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

I also am the planner of the family, however this works because the non-planners are always delighted and never say "why didn't we do that/why haven't we booked that/I really wanted to try this" (just as well, or there might be murder done!)
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Hubby is a very chilled, happy, go with the flow person, never gets riled by anything and lives in his happy little bubble (thankfully, there can’t be two hyper ≈≈≈≈ people in a relationship! ) Which kind of helps with holiday planning as he lets me choose everything and anything, agrees to everything and trusts my opinion on all things holiday related (he is also the guy who was happy for us to move house without checking the new house as said he trusted my opinion , I should add, I made him check it out first! ) if I give him options he will give his opinion, even if he doesn’t remember it a few days later...
He happily listens to me talking about our Florida/other holiday plans for hours.
BUT, he has zero interest in planning himself and is happy to just turn up on a holiday and just explore as we go
Tonight I have quizzed him on;
The dates we are going: early next year, February? Close enough
How long we are going: 1 or 2 weeks. 16 nights!
Who do we fly with: no idea, norweignair? Nope!
From which airport; Heathrow, nope!
Where we are staying; he got some right with a combination of a nice resort villa, then a night in budget Disney, then luxury at universal , then 2 nights luxury at Disney. No further info about what type of hotel or location or benefits...
What car he will be driving; kind of right but not really.

He has always been like this with holidays, yet when we are there he loves them and has a fantastic time, thanks me for making it amazing and talks about it for years afterwards.
He knows holiday planning is my hobby, and he isn’t someone who gets excited until you walk into the airport but it’s is still a bit disappointing.
I say all of this but I am aware if he started putting his ore in I would be a bit

Can’t win hey poor guy?!
My DH is exactly the same, doesn’t get involved in any planning, forgets where we are staying, what parks we are doing, etc, he does throw himself completely into the holiday when we are there, but then he will suddenly decide to tell me something he wants to do after I’ve been planning and asking his opinion for months😬
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Here too.
He only gets imvolved in logistics (he has all the info so i cant book meals on plane etc).
Other than just saying we cant do a 200mile round trip to watch a football match the day before we fly i tell him as we go lmao
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Er... are you married to my husband!?!? Or are you me!?!?!?

But, does your dh pass on the Florida knowledge of how to plan the holiday to others, and it sounds as if he has organised it all? My dh doesn't say he sorted it, but just doesn't say I have!
This made me LOL.. my husband does exactly this!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List