Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Zobert
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

@ryles what are the crowds like? Easter has been terrible last few years hoping August is a bit better?
Zobert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
love2plan
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We went on Aug 22 2018 for 10 nights and it was very hot and humid in the mornings then most days had pretty much non stop rain from 3pm onwards
love2plan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We go in August and expect plans to be disrupted by rain. Some days it can be cloudy and rain on and off all day. However, you can get an occasional dry day

It’s not like visiting Europe in summer. If we could avoid August, we would
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Been in August a few times, first time we had a few showers and a tropical storm but it was on our chill days so didn’t impact anything as we went shopping and just relaxed in the condo. Last year we had a few afternoon showers and a couple of evenings where it tipped down for a few hours solid, we just changed our plans to suit it. If it rains when we’re in the parks we generally just wait it out, find an indoor attraction or something to eat, or if we’re about to go out then we wait it out till it calms down a bit. It’s always hot so as soon as it stops raining it dries up and you would never know it rained.

Also, have been in Epcot where it’s tipping down for a few hours, but friends have been in Hollywood studios and it’s been dry and blue skies. Florida has its own weather system so can’t rwally be predicted!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

We went last August for 21 days. Yes it rained very heavy most afternoons so we tended to do mornings and head back to the villa to chill. Some people shop when it rains but I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than shop with kids!
It did nt ruin our holiday, it was a bit of a nuisance but not a lot you can do about it! kids loved the rain!
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Oh was that 2011?
I remember watching the mobile homes near liberty village being washed away!

We go every summer...
August has always been hitty missy.. take your rain jackets, you will need them.
You find sometimes after the rain the parks are quite, so it can be good to just walk on rides.
Always a silver lining!
Yes I think it was. It was certainly the last time they both came with us so that rings a bell.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Zobert View Post
@ryles what are the crowds like? Easter has been terrible last few years hoping August is a bit better?
It’s a quieter time for the parks. The American schools start from mid-August and it’s also the hurricane season which puts off Americans from travelling south😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Have been the last years in August (last 3 weeks of August) we have seen hardly any rain lol only one day was spoilt by rain, rest of the time we didnt see it, all depends where you are at the time
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

It will rain a bit in august in the afternoons but beyond that you can't really judge until the accurate forecasts. We have been there for lots of rainy days most are short lived and dry shortly afterwards. We had a few mostly wet days last May but still did MK and Epcot as rain was manageable. Also short of full on torrential rain one persons report may make it seem worse than another's.

As long as it doesn't rain too much on my golf rounds or my 2-3 hours at the pool in the morning I don't mind it.

Also it can be quite localised. I remember playing golf once getting back to the apartment lifts, relatively dry, an american family got in and commented where I must have played golf as they were soaked from rain at Disney. I play on a course right next to Animal Kingdom.

Edited at 09:50 AM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We always go in August due to the school holidays.

In the last 10 years there has been the odd day where the rain has been an issue but generally it rains for a bit in the afternoon and then it goes away. There was one year when there was a Tropical storm which was inconvenient and the odd threat of a hurricane but nothing that has spoiled our holidays.

It has never been bad enough to put us off going in August.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List