Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Jul 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
We’re off to Sorento next week. DD went to Lake Garda with the school and loved it. Think she went to a place called Simione which she said was lovely near there
Don’t think we are far from Sirmione so will take a visit.

Sorrento is beautiful - we did a food tour one morning and it was a great way to explore.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Don’t think we are far from Sirmione so will take a visit.

Sorrento is beautiful - we did a food tour one morning and it was a great way to explore.
She also did a trip to Venice from Lake Garda. Only been to Italy over 20 years ago to ski and can’t wait to put on more weight than I have done before in Florida 😀😀
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
She also did a trip to Venice from Lake Garda. Only been to Italy over 20 years ago to ski and can’t wait to put on more weight than I have done before in Florida 😀😀
We are thinking of doing day trips to Milan and Venice on the train. Really looking forward to it.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We absolutely love Italy and have been several times.

Our best to date was 14 in Sorrento, from which we took a 3 night ‘minibreak’ On the Frecciarossa Train to Rome (1 hr 10 from Napoli, better than an airliner, non stop and at 189mph), having been previously but wanting to see more. Two absolutely amazing areas that I would visit again in a heartbeat.

Sorrento gives Positano, Capri, Vesuvius, Amalfi, Pompeii, Herculaneum and the Naples Archeological Museum.

Everybody knows what to expect in Rome and it can all be done on foot.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:48 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We are staying in Peschiera del garda in the south.
Lovely, there is a lovely Jetty restaurant in the lake in Peschiera, gorgeous but gets very busy. If you can... go to Desenzano on Tuesday for the Market its fabulous. Get there early. I am sure you can get the boat, I will check with hubby.
My husband said you can use the boats but in Peschiera there is a limited time table.

You can also, if you fancy it walk to the station or get a bus and there is transport to Gardaland, a theme park. Also at the station you can go to Venice by Train.

If you can afford it, use the boats, you can go all round the lake.

We always stay in Sirmione, busy but fabulous and you can get anywhere easily as the boats are always frequent.

You will have a fabulous time. If you plan to go to Malcesine, let me know... I can give you the name of a scrumptious restaurant.

xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 03:54 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Lovely, there is a lovely Jetty restaurant in the lake in Peschiera, gorgeous but gets very busy. If you can... go to Desenzano on Tuesday for the Market its fabulous. Get there early. I am sure you can get the boat, I will check with hubby.
My husband said you can use the boats but in Peschiera there is a limited time table.

You can also, if you fancy it walk to the station or get a bus and there is transport to Gardaland, a theme park. Also at the station you can go to Venice by Train.

If you can afford it, use the boats, you can go all round the lake.

We always stay in Sirmione, busy but fabulous and you can get anywhere easily as the boats are always frequent.

You will have a fabulous time. If you plan to go to Malcesine, let me know... I can give you the name of a scrumptious restaurant.

xx
Thank you for all this Information! We are planning on going to Gardaland theme park. Also want to visit Sirmione as many people have said how nice it is. The train station is a 10 min walk from our hotel so hoping to make us of that and use the boats. Our neighbours stayed in Malescine in the north so would like to go there also and do the cable car in Mount Baldo.
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Thank you for all this Information! We are planning on going to Gardaland theme park. Also want to visit Sirmione as many people have said how nice it is. The train station is a 10 min walk from our hotel so hoping to make us of that and use the boats. Our neighbours stayed in Malescine in the north so would like to go there also and do the cable car in Mount Baldo.
Personally I would not do the Cable Car... first you have to have a clear day, there is a lot of queueing and really though the views are great, its too hot and crowded to enjoy fully and dare I say it... a little boring. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Personally I would not do the Cable Car... first you have to have a clear day, there is a lot of queueing and really though the views are great, its too hot and crowded to enjoy fully and dare I say it... a little boring. x
Oh is it. I went to Sorrento with 5 friends in April and we did the Vesuvius one and I enjoyed it. Thought it would be a nice thing to do with hubby and my daughters. Will have a think then
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Oh is it. I went to Sorrento with 5 friends in April and we did the Vesuvius one and I enjoyed it. Thought it would be a nice thing to do with hubby and my daughters. Will have a think then
We did Vesuvius on my birthday once when we went to Sorrento, but the Malcesine one, is loads of levels, you go up, get off, on to the next one... crowds, pushing... perhaps its just me... but I would personally walk the beautiful town, have a lovely meal and shop. Also there is a lovely little castle there.
Horses for courses. Have a fabulous time, you will, we have fallen in love with Italy and Sirmione big time. Going back in September and can not wait.

After the last time in June when we had to come home early as our dog was ill, we are just going to relax, chill, drink wine and eat. Plus the markets of course.

Safe Travelling and have a wonderful holiday all of you. xxxx
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a feeling we will all fall in love and have been waiting to go for a few years now. The hotel we are staying in is right across from the lake and we are planning on hiring a boat at some point. Can’t wait now! Thank you x