Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Mobile Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Is there such a tracker or smart watch that has step counter, gps, music playback / storage & compatible with iPhone?

Do I need my phone with me when walking or can I leave it behind & the watch tracks my whereabouts & kms walked etc.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

The apple watch series 2 on wards. The early ones do not have built in GPS (generation 1 or series 1). You will need the type that has cellular connection as well if you want to use music without your phone. The watches with cellular connection can be used completely independent of the phone.

In all honestly it sounds as though you are after a rather high end smart watch and with an i phone it really does have to be a Apple Watch.

I have one and with an iPhone nothing comes near, it just does not. There are some amazing smartwatches out there My brother has a tic watch which is great but that's with an android phone so works well but no where near as good as if it was paired with an iPhone

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at the garmin Vivofit, I’m not sure on the exact specs of each variety, but there definitely one that does gps and music
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by w513mfs View Post
The apple watch series 2 on wards. The early ones do not have built in GPS (generation 1 or series 1). You will need the type that has cellular connection as well if you want to use music without your phone. The watches with cellular connection can be used completely independent of the phone.

In all honestly it sounds as though you are after a rather high end smart watch and with an i phone it really does have to be a Apple Watch.

I have one and with an iPhone nothing comes near, it just does not. There are some amazing smartwatches out there My brother has a tic watch which is great but that's with an android phone so works well but no where near as good as if it was paired with an iPhone
Thanks, I think that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Something to work remotely off the phone.

The gps means it tracks where you walk or run isn’t it? How do you get it to show on your phone, the route you just took?
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Have a look at the garmin Vivofit, I’m not sure on the exact specs of each variety, but there definitely one that does gps and music
Thank you, I’ll take a look at the garmin, if it can do everything I need and work with an iPhone then great.
Old 15 Jul 19, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

What do yo need the storage for? Music?

Just if you take your phone with you then there's several that, if stayed linked via Bluetooth you can control your music from plus they get the GPS signal from your phone. If you are OK with that then you'll get o e with not only a better battery life but also far cheaper.

I have used a xiaomi mi band 2 for 2 years now & loved it! (7 week battery life!) but I've just got the mi band 4 which is a big upgrade. This one has a bigger & better screen & can control music from your phone. It's also fully waterproof & can be used for tracking swimming. Still on my first charge but this should last minimum 3 weeks. uses more power than the last but still extremely good compared to others which are just a few days.

Oh, & it only cost me £23!
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by quiddity View Post
What do yo need the storage for? Music?

Just if you take your phone with you then there's several that, if stayed linked via Bluetooth you can control your music from plus they get the GPS signal from your phone. If you are OK with that then you'll get o e with not only a better battery life but also far cheaper.

I have used a xiaomi mi band 2 for 2 years now & loved it! (7 week battery life!) but I've just got the mi band 4 which is a big upgrade. This one has a bigger & better screen & can control music from your phone. It's also fully waterproof & can be used for tracking swimming. Still on my first charge but this should last minimum 3 weeks. uses more power than the last but still extremely good compared to others which are just a few days.

Oh, & it only cost me £23!
Im knew to all this fitness tracker & smart watches etc. I went walking last week & brought my phone, i had fitness pal running on it, to track my location and Kms walked, this was without music & completely drained my battery after an hour & half walk.
I was hoping if possible to not use phone, but i guess if smart watch has gps, it would still need connection to internet right? So id still need to bring phone with me then?
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I have zero knowledge about these things you are posting about.

However I know a good deal when I see one! The Amazon prime sale started at Midnight. 32% off Garmin and 27% off Versa plus loads of other makes discounted.

Maybe worth a look.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. I have zero knowledge about these things you are posting about.

However I know a good deal when I see one! The Amazon prime sale started at Midnight. 32% off Garmin and 27% off Versa plus loads of other makes discounted.

Maybe worth a look.
You beat me to it Tom. We are buying the Garmin vivo for our son and it's £40 off today. Happy days!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My eldest keeps eyeing up my fitbit versa so I ordered her one for her birthday next month, there are actually a few things on the prime deals I'm interested in... Got to stop looking lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List