Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jul 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Thanks everyone.

We are in the north terminal and I've watched vlogs about it being "just across the road from the north terminal" and in this case it definitely is.
BB, looks as though you are unfamiliar with LGw.., if not please ignore the following...

Two things that you should do, first ride the monorail, its cool and you get a good view of the planes on stand at the South Term...second, walk into the Sofitel Hotel at the north.., even if you just walk out again, its very stunning.

Have a great time

Disney332
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Ohh, this is making me very excited for our trip!

Also have PI booked for night before, and booked flights with Virgin yesterday, so can make use of twilight check in. I know everyone said it was just 'across the road', but I still had visions of that being quite a trek. Wouldn't be the first time someone has said that, but forgot to mention that you have to take a convoluted route to get to a crossing (for example) lol. So I am very glad to hear it really is that close.

DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
BB, looks as though you are unfamiliar with LGw.., if not please ignore the following...

Two things that you should do, first ride the monorail, its cool and you get a good view of the planes on stand at the South Term...second, walk into the Sofitel Hotel at the north.., even if you just walk out again, its very stunning.

Have a great time

Disney332
Technically is it a monorail ? But I like your style - not sure OH will share my enthusiasm for plane spotting though !

That reminds me of a true story though
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
Ohh, this is making me very excited for our trip!

Also have PI booked for night before, and booked flights with Virgin yesterday, so can make use of twilight check in. I know everyone said it was just 'across the road', but I still had visions of that being quite a trek. Wouldn't be the first time someone has said that, but forgot to mention that you have to take a convoluted route to get to a crossing (for example) lol. So I am very glad to hear it really is that close.

This is one of my boys in the Premier Inn bar. Do you see that little red dot at the end of the yellow & black walkway? That is near enough the entrance to the terminal. It’s also where the monorail departs for a 60 sec journey to the south terminal if that’s where anyone happens to be departing too. It’s fantastic!
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're staying at the Premier Inn across the road and looking forward to Twilight Check-In the night before. We're on the 10:10am flight with a booking in the V-Room so will walk across as soon as we're up and park ourselves there until called for the flight.
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post

This is one of my boys in the Premier Inn bar. Do you see that little red dot at the end of the yellow & black walkway? That is near enough the entrance to the terminal. It’s also where the monorail departs for a 60 sec journey to the south terminal if that’s where anyone happens to be departing too. It’s fantastic!
Amazing! Thanks loola30!
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Always that premier inn for us as well!

We do twilight check in and then head to giraffe for dinner and drinks before bed . We just put our dirty stuff in a bag in the case. Trousers and jumper/cardi/jacket will be worn again on travel day, t shirt will be in the bag, depending on the temp! Tbh last time we flew it was November and cold so I think we just wore the same thing again. We’ve had a shower, wearing deodorant etc and the clothes don’t smell so I don’t really see an issue.
Completely different if it’s 20 degrees and you’re doing a lot of rushing around.

We are those people who still like to be there 3 hours prior to the flight, even though we’ve done check in. Gives us chance to go through security, have a look in the shops and get some breakfast
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

We're doing twilight check in and staying at that Premier Inn in 4 and a bit weeks - but we will be flying from South Terminal with BA. Our aim is to drop our cases off, check into the Premier Inn and then go for dinner somewhere - undecided yet. We will have breakfast in the PI as kids eat free so that halves the price for us. We will still be aiming to go through security about 3 hours before the flight just in case! I always worry!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

For those who wondered about keeping toiletries / worn clothes etc, this might be of use to you. This is some of my packing list for toiletries / clothing if we're doing twilight check-in. We use valet parking and hand the car over the night before, so putting old stuff in the car isn't an option. I just have to remember to put the dregs of the toiletries to one side in the week leading up to going.

HAND LUGGAGE
• Underwear for travel day x 4 (there are 4 of us, I'm not careless )
• Socks for travel day x 4
• Tops for travel day x 4
• Wet wipes
• Clear bag for liquids
• Hairbrush
• Travel sickness tablets
• Hand gel
• Last of mascara (throw away)
• Old toothbrushes x 4 (throw away)
• Last of hair gel (throw away)
• Last of deodorant (throw away)
• Last of toothpaste (throw away)
• Last of shower gel (throw away)

TRAVEL TO PREMIER INN
• Shorts / Trousers x 4 (wear on plane)
• Old underwear x 4 (throw away)
• Old socks x 4 (throw away)
• Tops x 4 (keep for spares on plane)

Hope that helps someone
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Technically is it a monorail ? But I like your style - not sure OH will share my enthusiasm for plane spotting though !

That reminds me of a true story though
Technically no, but its good to dream of happy times whilst riding 👍

Whats the story?

Disney332