Old 15 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
OKW/ SSR with free DDP advice

Asking for friends who are planning on going Oct/Nov 2021

I havent taken much notice tbh because of having our DVC but am I right in thinking these two resorts are released later than the other resorts ?

I have looked at prices for 2020 and neither resort are available although nothing is showing as free DDP ?

Any tips for them when booking presuming free DDP is released for 2021 in April next year
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

The advice I was given In April is that you should book an alternative hotel during the offer and make a not on your booking that you would like to move to OKW or SSR once available.

This secures your booking, dining plan and gift card. Given the new hotel will cost more you don’t loose your deposit.

If you want a 2 bed for a larger party you book two rooms and then cancel one when combining. Again it sounds like you can avoid loosing the deposit here.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Im not sure they did free dinning for october this year. We are going in august to okw and our dates qualified but think it stopped october. Sure someone can confirm exact dates.
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by randc View Post
Im not sure they did free dinning for october this year. We are going in august to okw and our dates qualified but think it stopped october. Sure someone can confirm exact dates.
It stopped in the first week of October (Oct 3rd rings a bell), though I guess that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be the same in 21.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
3rd was the last night for FD, if you checked in on the 4th you didn't get it. They wouldn't get confirmation on this until the 11 month window opens so Nov/Dec 2020. Without FD I'd personally be looking at Dave's (or similar) & renting points
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

We managedto book OKW for this years trip to secure the fre DDP and then after the offer ended SSR became available ans we swapped across keeping the DDP and $200 gift card. I think there was an admin fee of £50 as it was the same price. If it is more I think you just pay the difference.
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you all

I will pass on this information
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List