Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jul 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
I’ve booked mine (19 May to 2 June)
Still need insurance, Estas and a new passport for DD. But honestly I won’t do any of them until next year.
You should do insurance immediately. If you need to cancel for any reason (god forbid a nasty illness or accident, for example), then you would lose all your money at the moment as you are not covered!
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
djcart1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
Been watching flight prices every day since they became available, and today I finally saw a price I'm happy with. Virgin economy classic, LGW - MCO direct - £1,303.46 return for 2 adults and 1 child. 9th May - 23rd May 2020. £434.49 each.

I know I could possibly get cheaper if I held out, but this is a price I am happy with.

Whilst BA has had a cheaper standard price, it wasn't cheaper once you factored in seat selection (based on the seats we wanted, it would have been £55 each, each way). So, if seat selection is not important/necessary for you (it is for us as DD will still be 3 and don't want to risk not being sat right next to her), then BA would have worked out cheaper on certain earlier dates (and may still do as still plenty of time for fluctuations). TC has always been more expensive than this price (so far), even without seat selection.

So excited now the flights are also booked!

Just need to get Gatwick airport parking sorted now. I never did get a discount code for signing up with them, and prices haven't changed in at least 2 months. Sigh.
Who did you book with please
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
You should do insurance immediately. If you need to cancel for any reason (god forbid a nasty illness or accident, for example), then you would lose all your money at the moment as you are not covered!
Our insurance because of DH is a fortune. So we are prepared to take the hit of the flight if necessary. Flight was £1k and our insurance can be £600 (I’m expecting more to be honest).
We will do it before Disney balance is paid but we’re holding off as hopefully we go away next summer too so want to cover it then.
Me and daughter are covered by our bank account travel insurance all the time anyway.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by djcart1 View Post
Who did you book with please
Directly with Virgin. Online
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
Our insurance because of DH is a fortune. So we are prepared to take the hit of the flight if necessary. Flight was £1k and our insurance can be £600 (I’m expecting more to be honest).
We will do it before Disney balance is paid but we’re holding off as hopefully we go away next summer too so want to cover it then.
Me and daughter are covered by our bank account travel insurance all the time anyway.
Fair enough. I can see why you are holding off then.

Just felt I had to say as I am still often surprised by how many people don't realise.