Notices

Old 1 Mar 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

1st March

So, since booking this holiday (and even since my update in January) a whole load of plans have changed, so I thought I would post an update!

Last week we received the dreaded email from Disney to warn us about the impending CBR refurbishment, and so followed the chaos!
I booked my holiday through Charter Travel (as always) meaning that I was unable to speak to Disney direct and instead had to communicate through them. Now I have to say at this point that Charter were incredible and every single thing I asked and discussed with them they resolved as quickly as possible and made sure that I was always kept in the loop.

Because this will be my fiancés first trip to Disney, I wanted everything to be perfect and so despite wanting to stay at CBR, I felt it was necessary to move. I went back and forth several times, and was first of all moved to POFQ, which I was super happy with as I have stayed there before, however then because I had already paid for a preferred room and upgraded DDP, they moved us to... and I still can't quite believe I am saying this, but...

ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!

I am so excited. I have wanted to stay at a deluxe resort for so long and never thought it would be a possibility, and now here we are! Nick is over the moon, he loves animals and can't wait to see them wandering around just outside our resort.

Exciting News #2

Not only did we book 2-day 2-park Base tickets for Universal as I alluded to in my last update, but since we found an offer through quidco for Royal Pacific Resort for £200. We feel it is well worth the cost because of the added bonus of an extra hour in the parks in the morning and the FOLP. It also means we have a base if we want to have a bit of a rest in the middle of the day. Been looking at reviews/photos and I can't wait, the resort looks beautiful. Because we weren't planning on doing two days at universal in a row, this also meant some rejigging of ADRs etc.
Here is RPR:

The New, Improved Full Itinerary!

We have also changed some ADRs as I came across some other places I wanted to go to. We have gone over out TS allowance by 1 so we will just pay for 1 meal OOP.

Monday 8th - Check into AKL, then head to Disney Springs for our first ADR at House of Blues
Tuesday 9th - Magic Kingdom, thinking of Columbia Harbor House for lunch and an 8pm ADR at Be Our Guest
Wednesday 10th - Typhoon Lagoon. Will grab a QS lunch at TL and we have a 6.40pm ADR at Sanaa. I am hoping to catch wishes for the last time this evening too!
Thursday 11th - First Mall Day of the holiday, followed by a 9.15pm ADR at O'hana. If we time this right we might grab a drink before our reservation and catch Wishes from the Poly.
Friday 12th - Hollywood Studios with a 1.30pm ADR at Mama Melrose as part of the Fantasmic package
Saturday 13th - Epcot and then a 6.45pm ADR at the Flying Fish
Sunday 14th - Animal Kingdom with a reservation t 8.20pm for Teppan Edo
Monday 15th - Epcot and then an 8.30pm ADR at Narcoossee's
Tuesday 16th - Blizzard Beach followed by an ADR at 7pm at Art Smith's Homecoming. Think we will then explore Disney Springs a bit
Wednesday 17th - Chef Mickey's Funtime Breakfast at 9.20am followed by our second Mall Day. We will grab something from the mall's food court for lunch and then I think we will probably come home via Earl of Sandwich for dinner.
Thursday 18th - Head over to RPR super early, check into RPR and head to Universal Studios with our FOLP. We will probably eat at the Simpsons food court for lunch as Nick loves them! Then hoping to go to Toothsome for dinner
Friday 19th - Islands of Adventure. Not sure what we will have for lunch yet then we will catch an uber back to AKL and grab some dinner at The Mara.
Saturday 20th - Magic Kindom followed by a reservation at Trails End at 6pm. We will then head back to MK to watch the new Happily Ever After show.
Sunday 21st - Animal Kingdom with an evening reservation at 5.45pm at Tiffins as part of the Rivers of Light Package
Monday 22nd - Head to MK for a 9.40am breakfast at Be Our Guest and then it will be time to head home!

I am so happy with all of our ADRs and plans, and I am so excited. We now only have 68 days left on our countdown!
Sadly because of the moving resorts we are unsure if we will be able to book fastpasses next week so we will just have to hope that there will still be some left by the time it is working for us. If all else fails I will have to see if they can book them over the phone!

Shopping

We have not yet started our holiday shopping really, although we went for some winter sun in October, and I was in Disney last July so we won't need much!

I will share with you what we have bought.

Nick bought us these adorable jumpers for Christmas and I LOVE them (even if we won't be Mr & Mrs until next April!)!

I returned the favour by purchasing these adorable Frozen t-shirts. I have ordered mine in pink and Nick's in blue. He still doesn't know about these yet!

I have then bought this adorable Chip monogram tank top and Tangled monogram sweater from PrettyLittleMonograms. I have asked them to ship these to the hotel for when we arrive

Finally, I have ordered these three pairs of ears from ImagineEarsUk. I am so in love! They are Beauty & The Beast, Sleeping Beauty and Epcot themed! So excited for these to arrive!

Just need to get Nick a couple more Disney t-shirts so he doesn't look like a total Disney Scrooge (even though he is!)

I also bought a foldaway bumbag and arpanaz backpack on recommendation from people on The Dibb and they're great, so lightweight. Both bags came to £5! I don't have any pictures of these sadly, although the bumbag is pink/purple and the backpack is grey/lime green.

Will keep you all updated with anything else we purchase!

Thanks for reading!

Lucy xox
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List