Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 16, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

Magic Bands, Snack Credits & Charging to your room

If you're on the DDP but instead of wasting a snack credit for a drink you wish to charge it to your room using your Magic Band can you do this? I don't want it automatically taking off my snack credits when I want to use them on other items.
Voldemort is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Yes you can. Just make it clear whenever you are making a purchase whether you would like to use credits or charge to your room.

Obviously, you will have needed to set up charging privileges when you check in at your Disney resort.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you 😃👍
Voldemort is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Also, I would always just double check your receipt to make sure that it has been charged, rather than a credit having been used; I've had that happen with snack, CS and TS meals! Not often mind, but it's good to keep an eye on - and clearly stated on the receipt so it's no hassle.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

You might want to wait a few days before charging though, just to see how quickly (or slowly) you are using credits. We arrived home yesterday with 33 (! ) bags of sweets, as we had so many snack point & QS meals left, and this was despite me moaning at the family for "wasting" snack points on bottles of water.
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Why don't you pay as you go for small items such as drinks, they cost so little.
It can be done, but I really foresee mistakes and you needing to keep a real check on your receipts etc.
Old 12 Jun 16, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

It is straightforward to do - you just ask. The servers at shops and snack locations can all see how many credits you have as soon as you have scanned (even if you're not actually getting food!) and so usually asked us straight away if we wanted to use credits if we'd forgotten to say. They also all went on about how many credits we had left and that we needed to get eating - so I second the above about checking whether you really need to "save" them. We seemed to eat a ton of snacks yet still had lots left. Admittedly we were five people for three weeks and had about six days offsite and not eating snacks, but we still had around 40 left in the last few days (plus lots of QS credits to swap for snacks too). We brought a lot of stuff home and I'd have been gutted if we'd actually paid OOP for anything.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Like others in previous years I'd paid for drinks and saved the credits for something "better". Well we always ended up with left over credits and quite a lot!

Now if we have the DDP we use all credits first and then if we run out we pay OOP. Hasn't happened yet!
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread