Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jan 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
liz
Excited about Disney

Fastpass newbie PLEASE HELP

We have been to WDW many times but not since the new fast pass come on the scene. We are not staying on site so can someone please explain how to use it etc etc. do we have to decide what day and time we are visiting every exact ride from the UK... oh good grief spontaneity gone out the window then
Old 13 Jan 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Always_dreaming
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by liz View Post
We have been to WDW many times but not since the new fast pass come on the scene. We are not staying on site so can someone please explain how to use it etc etc. do we have to decide what day and time we are visiting every exact ride from the UK... oh good grief spontaneity gone out the window then
If you want to make good use of the fast passes then yes, you will have to plan well in advance, so not as much spontaneity as there used to be, but IMO it's so worth it to avoid hours of wasted time queuing.

As you're off site, you'll be able to book your FP's at 30 days prior to each day you are visiting a park. Last year when I went it was 5am to book FP! So I had to set the alarm almost everyday for 2 weeks! But I believe it's now changed to 12pm (please can someone confirm?). Make sure you download My Disney Experience app (or on computer) and create an account. Once you have your tickets in hand, you can input the details to link up your tickets to your MDE, and you're ready for your 30 day mark to book FP! All your ride photos and videos will also 'magically' appear on your MDE app! I loved this bit so much! (memory maker)

At 180 days (6 months) you can also book character meals, and regular meals using your MDE, and you don't even need to have linked your tickets at that stage.

I recommend, getting the app, and having a play with it to make yourself familiar. You'll soon get the grips with it, and become addicted

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Always_dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
You need to create an MDE account. Then you link your groups tickets to that MDE account. If you are staying offsite then you book each days fast pass at 30 days before at 12pm. You choose 3 fast passes per day and they all have to be in one park. Epcot and Hollywood studios also have a tiering system so that only a certain combination of rides can be chosen for fast pass at one time.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
traeth
Getting Excited

A little bit of advice. Watch the live wait times on here and you soon get to know the rides which have long waiting times and therefore would be better as a FP if you want to do them. in 2015 when I went last, On the app you type in the date of visit and your rides you want to do (3 altogether) and then it gives you bets options to book them and you select what suits you. Not sure if this is still the same. It sometimes only allows you to select a ride from a particular category. I am sure in epcot soaring and test track were in the same category and therefore could only choose one. As soon as all 3 FP are used you can try to book more in the park,
traeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

When we went at Easter we "decided" where we might go each day, and what rides were the must dos at each park.

We then booked our 3 FP+ for every day - for near the start of the day at the start of the 2 weeks, and near the end of the day towards the end of our trip.

We knew we were not going to a park every day and when we got there decided a day or 2 in advance if our plans were going to change or not and than freed up or changed FP+ accordingly.

None of it is set in stone, nothing means you cannot be spontaneous, just have a general back up plan in place as a coverall so you have 3 FP+ for each day, that you really want to do, already in the bank.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

once booked in advance make sure you put the app on you phone or tablet and take it to the park. Then if the ride you have a fP for has a small Q you can try and switch the fp to another ride. We did this for a few and worked well.
The down side is if park hoping all Fp have to be in the same park. The plus side if you are doing an evening in the park you can at least get FP's unlike before where they would be gone when you arrive. We found FP particularly good for evening visits.
Also when trying to book FP's if you can not get for the ride you want try splitting the booking to individual ones and you may end up with each one overlapping. We did this for Test track and got 10:20,10:25,10:30 , so we just turned up between 10:30 & 11:20 to use them all together.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by traeth View Post
A little bit of advice. Watch the live wait times on here and you soon get to know the rides which have long waiting times and therefore would be better as a FP if you want to do them. in 2015 when I went last, On the app you type in the date of visit and your rides you want to do (3 altogether) and then it gives you bets options to book them and you select what suits you. Not sure if this is still the same. It sometimes only allows you to select a ride from a particular category. I am sure in epcot soaring and test track were in the same category and therefore could only choose one. As soon as all 3 FP are used you can try to book more in the park,
Just to add to this. With the latest updates, you can book extra FPs (after the initial allocation of 3) on the app not just at the in park kiosks so it should be even more convenient. (Not tried this yet, but will be having a go in August)
Also, you don't need to plan every single ride in advance (some do) but, as said by other posters, you definitely need to plan your must-do rides if they include the big hitters in each park e.g. Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and 7 Dwarfs in MK.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I may sound stupid but is 12pm midday or midnight?
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hevfev View Post
I may sound stupid but is 12pm midday or midnight?
Midday

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Midday
Thank you 😳
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List