Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 28 Dec 16, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nollypat
Earning More Ears

Buying essentials at CRB- any tips please?

We're off to Florida in February, staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for a week. We won't have a car, and I was wondering whether there's anywhere to buy things like a pint of milk, bread rolls etc? We've got free dining, so won't want much, but I know DD and DS will wake up at stupid o'clock wanting a bowl of cereal or something to keep them going.
Also, we might want a bottle of wine or seven, but probably not for breakfast
Trying to work out whether it's worth ordering from Garden Grocer or whether we can get a few bits on site. If you've been, and you're in the know, I'd love some advice please
Nollypat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There is a store in resort which has some basics. Certainly milk and bread, cereal etc. We usually get some donuts for breakfast.

Near Disney springs and the Boardwalk there are petrol stations that have small mini marts that have some supplies as well
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went to CBR in August, there's a small shop in the food court that sells milk, pastries, bread etc but there's not much variety. We did a garden grocer shop which was delivered to reception on the day we arrived, we ordered water, cokes, cereals, fruit etc and I took tea bags, ceareal bars, and a few packs of mini biscuits with us (mini marylands, mini party rings etc) Garden Grocer is more expensive that what it is to shop at Walmart but we didn't mind as didn't want to go to the supermarket for the first few days. I might be wrong but you might have to pay an extra fee for it to be delivered now, I'm not sure.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I was going to order garden grocer to CBR for us, how much are they charging to accept parcels now?
Wondering if it'll work out more expensive than just buying on site. Thanks
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We stayed in CBR in July and when we arrived someone from bell services took us and our luggage in a minivan to our room. He then offered to take us to the petrol station beside Disney springs when he finished his shift later that evening.
He came back to the room and my husband went with him in the resort minivan and got all the supplies we needed. We tipped him obviously but would've been doing so anyway for helping with the luggage.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

I think I read on another thread that Disney charge $5 now and garden grocer charge about $14 for delivery I think so it would depend how much you were planning on ordering as to whether it would be worth it or not. I'm not sure if a will bother this year as there are only two of us so we wouldn't need much.
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

We used Garden Grocer last year when we stayed at the YC, we order milk, cereal bars, juice, coffee, beer and wine, yes you pay extra but it was delivered to our room saved time faffing around. If you order early there is a discount. Going to use them again when we stay at CBR in September. If you order alcohol you will have scan and send photo ID.
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Do you have QSDP/free resort mugs?

This take a bit of getting used to but you don't need to buy anything - heres how.

Breakfast - for 1 snack credit, in the Grab and Go (described above) they have the small cereal pots with a free carton of milk. Or you can take Danishes etc for the next morning. Or get up early and go have toast, cooked brekkie etc (you will be up early the first few mornings)

Also if you have the resort mug - then you don't need to take a drink with you meal 0 but take a large bottle of water - and keep that in your fridge in your room and take it to the parks.

SO in room breakfasts and water for the parks all included in your QSDP credits - whats the point of spending $$$$ on in room stuff and ending up with 20 credits left.

We made use of 1 meal = 3 credits, and they didn't differentiate between adult and kids credits so we always too the large waters for the parks.

BUT as well as the Grab and Go described above - if you go into the main merch shop at the very back in the left there are fridges with large milk cartons, beers, snacks and things behind the tills like paracetamol, indigestion tabs etc.

IMHO you don't need GG or trip to the shops. We did Walmart one day and got fruit and stuff but it wasn't really required as the qsdp is ace

full details and LOADS of tips in my report in my footer - but the QSDP has changed slightly this year - but its Disney and all the staff are amazingly helpful.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We did a garden grocer order this time last year, it does work out much dearer though. If I'd of thought about it more I should of just got something from the airport. Also there is a shop at disney broad walk which has much more in it them the others we found. We just happened upon it one day. But if your in that area I'd go there for your basics.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nollypat
Earning More Ears

Thanks for the expert tips everyone. Plenty food for thought...
(Do you see what I did there?)
Nollypat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List