Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jan 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile Upgrading dining plan

We have the ddp and just booking the advanced dining reservations for one meal a night we are over our allocation. So I'll need to pay out of pocket for at least four meals to cover it.

We'd also like to have some nice breakfasts as well rather than qs breakfasts. So thinking it might be worth just upgrading the ddp to the delux one.

Can anyone tell me the costs?

And would it be possible to have half the party on delux and half on the ddp? We've a couple of kids, so they wouldn't use all the allocation.

Also, the kids are down as adults as it was only $20 each to upgrade. Can they order an adult meal between them?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DDP to DxDDP - Adult £32 Child 7
Those are the current per person per night and you have to upgrade the whole party. I would be inclined to pay OOP for some of the kids if you don't think they'll eat an adult meal or they can share meals as you say. I would also use some QS credits to try out some of the great QS options if you can. As much as I'd love to have DxDDP I could never justify the extra and would just trim down my ADR list.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

As much as I love ddp you might get fed up working round at least 2 reservations a day.
We are over by 2, I will pay oop for spice road table and like you our ds is under 10 but upgraded to the adult plan. He's a huge adventurous eater so I've checked the menus with him and he's having a kids meal at Jiko and at Skippers - that gives us an extra meal.
As sha9 says some qs stuff is pretty good especially Wolfgang puck express they do brilliant food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Am I right in thinking you are at AKL? Some of the food at Mara can be very nice, they do specials as well as their standard menu and their soups for a snack credit are from Boma.
Sanaa are doing a sit down breakfast for a counter service credit - dixonsontour reviewed it. That might be a nice relaxing breakfast option for you.
Old 15 Jan 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wherejogoes
Earning My Ears

Mobile

We had the deluxe and I wouldn't again we had 67 snack credits to use at the end!
Old 15 Jan 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Barley-Bobs
Proud to wear my Ears

We do the deluxe dining and love it, eat what you want to wherever you want to without worrying about it. We do character meals, some nice signature dining and often use snack credits for lunch. You have 3 TS credits each per day but if you book shows and nice signature meals which are 2 credits each you soon use them up and the snack credits work well for lunch then.
Barley-Bobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

With the kids, does it count as a full table service meal if they are ordering off the kids menu?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
With the kids, does it count as a full table service meal if they are ordering off the kids menu?
If they have adult dining plan there won't be any kids credits to use so you'd need to use an adult credit or pay OOP. There's no way for the restaurant to do anything else. They can't take half a credit.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

If both of your kids are on adult DDP would they be likely to want the occasional meal from the kids menu. You could then pay for these OOP and save their credits to make up for some of the shortage. If you upgrade to DxDDP you will all have to pay the adult upgrade rate per day, That's over £120 a day plus all the extra tips , and would take alot of extra dining to cost that much. You can order the kids an adult meal and they can share for one credit, or maybe use a snack credit for an extra side. The servers will happily bring an extra plate.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List