Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jan 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Gentle attractions universal

Off to universal for 1st time. I can only handle gentle rides, what will be suitable for me please?!
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

How gentle is "gentle"? Everything in Seuss is fine. Shrek bounces the seats, but there are fixed seats, same for Minions. Men in Black will be fine. Everything else moves you around at least a bit. There are shows and static attractions, but we don't do those so I can't recommend any.

Edited to correct auto-spelling.

Edited at 12:25 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Queen of Team Wimp reporting for duty! These are the things I did - you may be able to handle more than me.

Islands of Adventure:

Everything in Seuss Landing (Cat in the Hat, Caro-seuss-el, High in the Sky Trolley Train Ride, meet and greet with the Cat and other characters)

Marvel Superhero Island - I did Storm Force Accelatron (teacup ride) but if you don't like spinny rides give that one a miss. I have never done Spiderman but people do say I would be able to manage it! Didn't do anything else but there is a Spiderman meet and greet.

Toon Lagoon: didn't do anything here but you can put money in the machines and soak the rest of your party as they come past on the wet rides!

Jurassic Park: there's an 'education centre' which is nice to look round. There is also now an encounter with a dinosaur which looks great. It's not a ride and you'd be fine. You can find it on YouTube if you look.

Hogsmeade: of the 3 rides the Hippogriff is classed as a kid's coaster, but I still didn't do it! However, there is a lot to wander round and see, plus live entertainment at certain times. Also go through the queue for Forbidden Journey and just ask for the chicken exit - that way you can see everything in the castle which is brilliant. If others in your party do the ride, just wait for them as they will come off the ride the same place they went on.

Lost Continent: there's a Sinbad stunt show which is silly panto fun, and also Poseidon's Fury which is a cheesy but fun tour through 'ancient remains' and a filmed show. Don't miss the talking fountain outside, he will react to you and he can be very sarcastic!

There's also the new Kong attraction which is new since I went so I can't comment.

Universal Studios:

Despicable Me - use the 'stationary seats' aka benches if you get motion sickness as I do.

Shrek 4D - fun show, particularly the pre-show. They offer stationary seats for this one too but you really don't need them, the effects are very gentle.

Transformers - not done this but you might be able to

Blues Brothers live show - great fun to watch

Terminator 2 3D live show with effects

Horror Make Up Show - not done this, probably wouldn't do it just after lunch!

Wizarding World - do Ollivanders here rather than in IoA, it's bigger and can fit more people in. It's a show where one child is picked to be 'chosen' by a wand (which their parents still have to pay for if they want it!) Well worth watching.

Gringotts ride - I've not done it but the walk through is well worth while, just go to the chicken exit if you don't want to ride.

Lots to see and hear in Diagon Alley too.

Men in Black - it does spin quite a bit but if you're OK with that, the ride is fine.

Not done Simpsons as I don't think I could cope with that.

Kodos & Klang's Twirl & Hurl - despite the name it's just a Dumbo ride with a Simpsons theme.

Meet and greet with Simpsons characters.

ET adventure - you ride on a bicycle through ET's home planet. Very gentle.

Not done anything in Woody Woodpecker's kids area as we don't have kids.

Plus of course loads of places to eat and explore, and the Cinematic Spectacular show at closing time. We did the dining package for this and it was a lovely way to end the day.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Queen of Team Wimp reporting for duty! These are the things I did - you may be able to handle more than me.

Islands of Adventure:

Everything in Seuss Landing (Cat in the Hat, Caro-seuss-el, High in the Sky Trolley Train Ride, meet and greet with the Cat and other characters)

Marvel Superhero Island - I did Storm Force Accelatron (teacup ride) but if you don't like spinny rides give that one a miss. I have never done Spiderman but people do say I would be able to manage it! Didn't do anything else but there is a Spiderman meet and greet.

Toon Lagoon: didn't do anything here but you can put money in the machines and soak the rest of your party as they come past on the wet rides!

Jurassic Park: there's an 'education centre' which is nice to look round. There is also now an encounter with a dinosaur which looks great. It's not a ride and you'd be fine. You can find it on YouTube if you look.

Hogsmeade: of the 3 rides the Hippogriff is classed as a kid's coaster, but I still didn't do it! However, there is a lot to wander round and see, plus live entertainment at certain times. Also go through the queue for Forbidden Journey and just ask for the chicken exit - that way you can see everything in the castle which is brilliant. If others in your party do the ride, just wait for them as they will come off the ride the same place they went on.

Lost Continent: there's a Sinbad stunt show which is silly panto fun, and also Poseidon's Fury which is a cheesy but fun tour through 'ancient remains' and a filmed show. Don't miss the talking fountain outside, he will react to you and he can be very sarcastic!

There's also the new Kong attraction which is new since I went so I can't comment.

Universal Studios:

Despicable Me - use the 'stationary seats' aka benches if you get motion sickness as I do.

Shrek 4D - fun show, particularly the pre-show. They offer stationary seats for this one too but you really don't need them, the effects are very gentle.

Wizarding World - do Ollivanders here rather than in IoA, it's bigger and can fit more people in. It's a show where one child is picked to be 'chosen' by a wand (which their parents still have to pay for if they want it!) Well worth watching.

Gringotts ride - I've not done it but the walk through is well worth while, just go to the chicken exit if you don't want to ride.

Men in Black - it does spin quite a bit but if you're OK with that, the ride is fine.

Kodos & Klang's Twirl & Hurl - despite the name it's just a Dumbo ride with a Simpsons theme.

Plus of course loads of places to eat and explore, and the Cinematic Spectacular show at closing time. We did the dining package for this and it was a lovely way to end the day.
Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to explain all that! I feel a lot happier now, there is some stuff I can do!
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Can I ask add Hogwarts Express, a lot of fun and a very gentle ride! Great theming from the Diagon Alley / Kings Cross end.

Hollywood Make-Up is silly fun, interesting and not that gory (honest). I am wimpish but I hear good things about the new Kong ride too.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
At the risk of repeating what others have said, both the big HP rides (Forbidden Journey and Gringotts) have excellent theming in the queue areas so it's definitely worth queuing up with the rest of your party then taking the "chicken" (hate that word!) exit that is right by where you get on the ride. Lots of people do that so they're quite used to it.
I wouldn't recommend the Hippogriff ride for you, it throws you about a bit.

Other rides with really good themed queue areas are Spiderman, Men in Black and The Mummy. there are probably others but I can't think of them right now.

The ride photos for Spiderman and Gringotts are taken in side rooms off the queue areas so you could even have the ride photo done with your family, but not actually go on the ride

Islands of Adventure in particular has loads to look at as you walk around, and has lots more greenery than US. There's a fantastic view across the lagoon from just behind Mythos, and you can walk round there without going into the restaurant.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Islands of Adventure:

Universal Studios:

You make my favourite parks sound really dull.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Jim DiGriz View Post
You make my favourite parks sound really dull.
Ha ha! That's life if you don't like thrill rides - which is why I am Team Disney! I adored
Portofino Bay though, would love to go back there.

Sorry I forgot Hogwarts Express - it's superb!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Depends how gentle you want. I am very wary of rides especially ones that have big drops. I love simulators as you get the feel of a bigger ride but it isn't. My favourite is spider man and now transformers. There is one part in spiderman that feels like your falling but you aren't. I also braved Gringotts after watching the you tube video a lot! I especially hate drops in the dark but finally braved it on the last day and loved it. The drop doesn't feel so bad if you at the front and also I think as the carts are so big it was over very quickly. I'm sure you will have a great time whether you do rides or not I love universal.
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Islands of Adventure:

Universal Studios:

This is fantastic...
My wife hates rides and we have never been to WDW before , her limit at DLP are POTC (which she dosnt like but is just ok if she screams) she can also do star tours dumbo tea cups ect but wouldn't dream of dong BTM are any rides similar to any of these ? thought Gringots was a simulator but have just read there is a drop so a bit apprehensive to let her know !
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List