Notices

Old 17 Jan 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Looking forward to reading your trip report :-) Great pre trippy x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Great update lovely! So surprised you have been shopping though Hahaha!

Loving all your bargains. I swear the Aberdeen Primark is severely lacking in Disney merch! Boo hiss!

SINGLE DIGITS!

xxx
Me and shopping go together like peas and carrots! You need to book in a trip to London and we can hit up Primark together for a Disney shopping trip! xxx

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Looking forward to reading your trip report :-) Great pre trippy x
Thank you so much for reading along, full report coming as soon as I'm back!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I love Newport Bay, it's my favourite hotel in the world!

We really enjoy Rainforest Cafe & visit every time. Also the evening buffets in both Sequoia & Newport are good. We had a bad meal at Annettes a couple of years ago & have avoided it since.

I love being able to walk from the hotel & parking hopping so easily. Wrap up warm & have a great time :-)
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I love Newport Bay, it's my favourite hotel in the world!

We really enjoy Rainforest Cafe & visit every time. Also the evening buffets in both Sequoia & Newport are good. We had a bad meal at Annettes a couple of years ago & have avoided it since.

I love being able to walk from the hotel & parking hopping so easily. Wrap up warm & have a great time :-)
That is a great review for Newport Bay... I am even more excited now!

Good to hear you have good experiences with RFC too, thinking this may be the destination for my birthday meal

Thank you so much for reading and your lovely comment!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We came back from Newport Bay on Sunday, it is a lovely hotel and just like the Beach/Yatch Club, we loved it.

Park was lovely and quiet the Wed/Thurs/Fri we were there so take advantage as the Saturday was rammed!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
We came back from Newport Bay on Sunday, it is a lovely hotel and just like the Beach/Yatch Club, we loved it.

Park was lovely and quiet the Wed/Thurs/Fri we were there so take advantage as the Saturday was rammed!
Oh so wonderful to hear you loved the hotel!

Yes I am expecting it to be very busy at the weekend so the plan is to get as much done as we can on the Friday and Monday and then take it easier on the weekend!
Old 23 Jan 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Just found this!

I've always had nice meals in Rainforest and Annette's, but you cant book these. I always eat early ish, so if you're there for 5.30 you shouldn't have to wait long. PH get's so many bad reviews, I've not eaten there since about 2003! I also like The Steakhouse in the Village.

CS meals, Earl of Sandwich is always good for lunch. In the park I love Au Chalet De La Marionette, it's opposite Peter Pan, the chicken and chips are really good, and good value too. Studios park, I actually like Restaurant en Coulisse! Again go early around 12ish, I had a chicken burger and chips last time and it was really nice!

If you want to do character dining, Inventions in the DLH is nice, it's quite expensive though €65 per person. All you can eat buffet, and the food was good

All the menus are now on the main DLP website

Debs
LufcDeb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
Just found this!

I've always had nice meals in Rainforest and Annette's, but you cant book these. I always eat early ish, so if you're there for 5.30 you shouldn't have to wait long. PH get's so many bad reviews, I've not eaten there since about 2003! I also like The Steakhouse in the Village.

CS meals, Earl of Sandwich is always good for lunch. In the park I love Au Chalet De La Marionette, it's opposite Peter Pan, the chicken and chips are really good, and good value too. Studios park, I actually like Restaurant en Coulisse! Again go early around 12ish, I had a chicken burger and chips last time and it was really nice!

If you want to do character dining, Inventions in the DLH is nice, it's quite expensive though €65 per person. All you can eat buffet, and the food was good

All the menus are now on the main DLP website
Thank you so much for the great tips Debs, these really are so useful! I think I have settled on Rainforest cafe for my birthday meal now and Annette's definitely at some other point during our trip. We also have a 15% off voucher for EoS from Magicbreaks so we will certainly be cashing that in at some point!
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

One more sleep!

Well the time has nearly come! I am writing this from the Premier Inn at Folkestone, we drove down this evening so we are all ready to catch our Eurotunnel train in the morning

Super excited to finally experience some DLP magic, made even more special that it will be my birthday whilst away too. I will be adding photos to my IG account over the weekend so feel free to follow me on there (same username as here) and I will be back soon with my full trip report! Thank you to all of you that who have read along so far and left lovely messages

Edited at 01:17 AM.
Old 26 Jan 17, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Have a great trip!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List