Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jan 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grottyrotty View Post
Thanks for the information. How short sighted of them :angry:

I, too, am not interested in M&G - used it many years ago and was happy with the service, but after hearing some hellish stories, want to know exactly where my car is and keep my own keys with me.

In 2015 we used Jet Parks, but the journey back to our car wasn't good - crowded bus stop with lots of smokers, daughter feeling ill (not a good flyer), got on bus and really crowded with people standing and squashed on like sardines etc. Don't want a repeat of this.

We are only going for 2 weeks but obviously the night flight lands back the day after departure so this takes you into a 15th day. Will keep trying - or possibly try a phone call nearer to the time.

We have previously used the multi-storey for a 2 week holiday to Disney and it was worth the extra to us.

Deb
Would you consider an overnight stay? We are staying in the Clayton the night before and parked in the Longstay onsite car park. We went and had a meal the night before in the hotel so much less stressful (prob helped that I got it free with holiday extras on their free if deal). Up the next morning they shuttle you the very short distance across to the terminal. Then in return just got the airport shuttle to airport longstay not very long at all. I used to use jetparks and the whole bus transfer thing is a pain(I know you have to do that to get back to longstay but it really is 2 minutes and you are off!)
I am doing the same thing this year
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Would you consider an overnight stay? We are staying in the Clayton the night before and parked in the Longstay onsite car park. We went and had a meal the night before in the hotel so much less stressful (prob helped that I got it free with holiday extras on their free if deal). Up the next morning they shuttle you the very short distance across to the terminal. Then in return just got the airport shuttle to airport longstay not very long at all. I used to use jetparks and the whole bus transfer thing is a pain(I know you have to do that to get back to longstay but it really is 2 minutes and you are off!)
I am doing the same thing this year
Thanks Tweety1.

We have done this in the past when we flew from Gatwick. I really wanted to stay at the Premier Inn, and park at the multi-storey across from the terminal. Looks as if I can park at the multi-storey at terminal 2 and walk to terminal 1.

Deb
Old 17 Jan 17, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pacswoman
Proud to wear my Ears

That's what we are doing. 15 min walk all indoors.
pacswoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TTA
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pacswoman View Post
That's what we are doing. 15 min walk all indoors.
Sorry for being daft but do you just go out of the multi storey and then is it along the covered walkway, I.e pass the radisson .

Thanks

TTA
TTA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pacswoman
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by TTA View Post
Sorry for being daft but do you just go out of the multi storey and then is it along the covered walkway, I.e pass the radisson .

Thanks

TTA
Not entirely sure, will check it out when we are there in March for our T2 flight.
pacswoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pacswoman View Post
Not entirely sure, will check it out when we are there in March for our T2 flight.
Looking forward to the update.

Deb