Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 07, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
debcon
Imagineer

how many mr potato bits can you get in the box

How many Mr. Potato Head parts can you fit in a box? Any packing strategies? I am really looking forward to hitting this display at the store!
Old 2 Mar 07, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by debcon
How many Mr. Potato Head parts can you fit in a box? Any packing strategies? I am really looking forward to hitting this display at the store!
ooooohhhhh, loads! I dont bother with the body - just the bits you cant get anywhere else (except for ebay of course!). If you want the suitcase put it flat on the bottom so it doesnt take up so much room. then the flat stuff like the autograph book. Then the big things like the video camera, hats etc and then tuck the small things like the wand and bendy stuff like the sunglasses around the edges. happy stuffing! I love it!
Old 2 Mar 07, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We really enjoyed doing this too, so much so that I did it twice! If you want the head, take off the flap and tuck it into the body.

Also the staff in the shop will help you do it, and anything that you really want that won't fit in the box can be bought, but I can't remember the price, between $1 and $2 I think. I bought a Mary Poppins umbrella which spins around - so cute.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 07, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jan
and anything that you really want that won't fit in the box can be bought, but I can't remember the price, between $1 and $2 I think. I bought a Mary Poppins umbrella which spins around - so cute.
You're kidding me? I DIDNT KNOW THAT

I'm after the buzz lightyear car this year and I didnt see that umbrella either. Last year I was on a mission for the statue of liberty stuff

I do find it annoying in the shop though when those little things - erm...what do you call them... oh yeah - kids... get in the way of me filling up my box
Old 3 Mar 07, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
I bought a box of just bits last time =)

Addons for my head the year before!
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 07, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Bf is hoping to do this.. He has all the Star Wars taters so it'll just be the bits. Glad to hear the staff aren't adverse to you packing the box to the brim
Old 3 Mar 07, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I do find it annoying in the shop though when those little things - erm...what do you call them... oh yeah - kids... get in the way of me filling up my box
I know exactly what you mean. LOL.

The lid of the box is supposed to close. Some CMs are more lenient than others, but that's the way life goes generally.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 07, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sindysam
Imagineer

I am so lost I don't get what you are all on about?
Where is this?
Please explain to a dippy dunce.
Sam
Old 3 Mar 07, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sindysam
I am so lost I don't get what you are all on about?
Where is this?
Please explain to a dippy dunce.
Sam
In Downtown Disney there is a toy store (Once upon a toy store I think it is) where you can fill a box with Mr Potato Head parts (including a body if you want but it's probably more cost effective to buy one separately so you can fit more bits in the box!) You pay a set price for the box which you can basically stuff to the brim as long as it closes I think there are a few other places onsite that have this but i'm not sure.
Old 3 Mar 07, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes,there was a Mr Potato Head stand somewhere else - was it MGM - in the shops when you come in? Oh, I can't remember!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread