Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Jan 12, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

:)

This is a great report me and hubby going Easter 2012 on a $100 budget per day! Look forward to hearing more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Really enjoying this thread. It's a great idea. Can't wait to read the next few days.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

Great report- I would love a 5 Guys Burger right now!

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

This is an absolutely brilliant thread.
Old 3 Jan 12, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mayo
Imagineer

Would love a Reuben from Floridays now. Btw the concierge at Floridays would have let you print at their desk.
Mayo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
fantasic report can't wait for the next instalment!
Old 3 Jan 12, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithkfs
Imagineer

Fantastic thread - The food looks fantastic

Can't wait to read some more

Kath x

Disney All Stars Movies Resort - 2006
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2007
Disney All Stars Sports Resort - 2010
Disney POFQ - 2013
- Smithy Goes Solo - Sept 2013 - Trip Report
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2015 - Disney and Me - Sept 15 - Trip Report
Smithkfs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Food report day 4

Breakfast

Perkins

Junction I4/hwy 27. We like this Perkins and have been a few times. Servers are older and some have been there years. It was busy today with people enroute to Legoland so service was a little slower than usual but nice food.

I had a coupon for a free meal just for joining the email club.

We both had an omelette and coffee, DD rainbow pancakes, juice and a cookie.

Cost $22 ($17 plus tip)

Lunch

Packed lunch

There was no bag check at Legoland, so no problems taking in a small cool bag with snacks. I’d made some ham and cheese wraps which I froze and also took some snacks like crisps, goldfish crackers for DD and little bags of apple slices. Also took water bottles to drink.

Snacks

1 Mocha $2.66 and 2 sodas Legoland – soda was $2.50 plus tax

Cost $8

Dinner

Mannys chop house, Haines City

We’d been to Manny’s chop house once before. It made sense to go today as it was en route back up hwy 27 from Legoland. Mannys is popular so I called ahead when we were leaving Legoland to get on the wait list. It was 20 mins drive from Legoland and we were seated on arrival at 5.05pm.

Everyone gets warm yeast bread rolls with honey butter and salad to start which we enjoyed. I had a 10oz sirloin steak with mash and DH the 14oz with mash. Steaks were lovely. DD had pizza and fries. We had 3 cokes to drink. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed and DD enjoyed colouring on the paper tablecloth.

Kids eat free on Monday and Tuesday (no coupon or card needed) so we just paid for DD’s drink.

Cost $48 ($38 plus tip)

It did say on the receipt if you sign up to their email club you get a free appetiser.

Total Food/Drink Day 4 $78

Edited at 09:30 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Food report Day 5

Breakfast

We ate in the condo today – English muffins and bagels with Philadelphia, orange juice and coffee from our Walmart shop. Cheaper than eating out and saves time in the morning.

Lunch

Margaritaville, Universal Citiwalk

After a morning at Universal Studios we ate at Margaritaville, our first time eating there. I had a blackened grouper sandwich with fries, DH the special which was a chicken sandwich and he paid a little more for onion rings and DD had kid’s pasta. Food was tasty.

I had two coupons off orlandocoupons.com for a free margarita each. Limit was one coupon per person NOT one per table which was good.

Cost $48 ($38 plus tip)

Tea

Friendly’s, International Drive

This is one of our usuals and have been several times over the years and never had a bad meal. They do a special menu for either $9.99 or $11.99 where you can have a main course + ice cream sundae + soda (with refills) which is great value. I had the honey bbq chicken with fries and coleslaw which is included in the $11.99 menu, DH went for a chicken melt on the $9.99 menu. Portions are not massive but very tasty. I had a black cherry sundae and DH paid a little more to upgrade to a kit kat sundae.

I also used a coupon for a free kids meal (from Valpak.com)

DD had hot dog and fries, soda and a monster ice cream sundae.

Friendly’s puts coupons on your receipt to encourage you to revisit – $5 off $25 in the next 3 days if you do a survey online or 10% off your total check for showing your receipt next time.

Total $31 ($25.33 plus tip)

Snacks

Universal Refill mug

We bought a refill mug at Universal studios for $6.99 ($7.45 inc tax). We used it a lot at Universal and Islands of Adventure over the holiday – refills of soda were 75 cents plus tax.

Total $7.45

Total Cost Food/Drink Day 5 $86.45

Edited at 11:45 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 12, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Food Report Day 6

Breakfast

Village Inn

We started the day at the Village Inn on Westwood Blvd near Seaworld. Been several times in the past and always had a decent breakfast there. It is a diner and has had a makeover this year – retro look inside now, looks a lot nicer. Food was tasty, large portions and service good. The breakfast menu is huge. They accept the kids eat free card so we used that for DD.

Myself and DH had a skillet meal each which came with pancakes and coffee. DD had pancakes and fruit and juice.

Cost $30 ($25 plus tip)

No Lunch

Afternoon Tea

We had an adr for afternoon tea at the Disney Grand Floridian resort Garden View Tea Room. Last year myself and DD had been to the princess tea party there in the morning. I thought it would be nice for DD to try the grown up afternoon tea and she did enjoy it. It wasn’t busy. DD chose to wear a princess dress. There was another girl there but the rest of the people were older couples.

DD had the Mrs Potts tea for children – she asked for just ham sandwiches, which was fine and it comes with chocolate milk or juice in the teapot – she had apple juice.

Myself and DH shared a Buckingham palace tea, trifle and he had a coffee. I had the garden view blend of tea – I asked what they served at the princess tea party and had that again as I liked it last time.

The trifle needed some sherry in but the chocolate strawberries and pastries were good.

Fair to say it isn’t really DH’s cup of tea but he played along. They have the same Royal Albert china as my mother in law!

It isn’t on the ddp so was a good chance for us to do this with us staying offsite this year.

Afterwards we sat in the lobby and listened to the band then the pianist. We had a lovely relaxing afternoon.

Cost $55.21 ($47.23 plus tip)