Old 31 May 12, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Cinderella's Royal Table

Around 8am we checked in at CRT and had two or three other families ahead of us to meet Cinderella. The girls met her, got photos and autographs (third time!) and we also had a family picture as well. We then walked upstairs to out table, which was by the window in a good spot. It wasn't as dark in the castle as I expected.

The CM's were all very good. Our server reminded me of the late, great Bernie Mac. He was very good calling us 'My Lord' or 'My Lady' the whole way through. Wishing stars and magic wands were given to the girls. A really nice selection of pastries was brought out as well as orange juice and coffee.

A box of different teas to choose from was also brought to the table. Being the health nut I am, I also had a coke served in a goblet. I was a lord after all. Our orders were then taken. We pretty much all went the same way, the traditional, which consisted of sausage, bacon , scrambled eggs and potatoes.

The girls had French toast. It was all very nice. While we were eating the princesses started to come round. First Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and then Belle. Again they were all great. Snow White made the most time for the girls and was very friendly. Overall a great experience for the girls. Highly recommended. We used 2 t/s credits each. It would have cost around $196 if not on the DDP.

Sorry I thought I had more photos!

Main Street Bakery.

They had an amazing selection. We got a couple of apple turnovers, a cinnamon roll, a couple of cookies, a vanilla slice and some walnut cake. We used 7 snack credits but still have so many of these left. We also got the girls a cheese and ham sandwich to share. It was huge. It cost $6.95
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 521.jpg
Views:	2804
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	40937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 538.jpg
Views:	2810
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	40938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 587.jpg
Views:	2806
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	40939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 588.jpg
Views:	2812
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	40940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 589.jpg
Views:	2811
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	40941  

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 590.jpg
Views:	2795
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	40942  
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 12, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
The Whispering Canyon Cafe

This without doubt was the biggest dining disappointment of the whole holiday. It was all terrible. We were shown in roughly on time by a CM that looked straight through us like we didn't matter. Our table was two round ones put together so we were a long way apart from each other. The floor still had a spilt drink by our feet. Our server came over about 5 minutes later. She explained what was what. I was looking forward to all the stuff I've read about. I asked our server for a LARGE coke hoping I'd get the giant one but I didn't. The others all ordered milkshakes which were on the DDP.

Me and Kelly ordered pulled pork spring rolls.

Me, Kelly and Marian all went for the skillet, Den the meatloaf and we got kids skillets for the girls.

When our spring rolls arrived the mains followed 30 seconds later which was annoying.

I had been dreaming of the skillet but it was a complete let down. It was so dry.

Their was a mix up with the kids meals but our server was nowhere to be found. We got ignored by the others servers even though we were waving our hands in the air and shouting at them for service.

When the server cleared our plates she said straight away about taking our deserts to go and kept repeating it. I think she wanted us to go. Marian and Den wanted to go more I think.

Deserts were disappointing. I had the chocolate cake which I didn't enjoy.

Kelly and Den had an apple desert they didn't enjoy either. Apple was undercooked.

Marian had a bread and butter pudding that was ok. I asked for the bill as soon as she brought desert. We used 4 c/s credits and1 child credit. With extras, tax,tip and Lily Belles it would have been a whopping $244.

We would never go back!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 618.jpg
Views:	2758
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	40943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 622.jpg
Views:	2769
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	40944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 619.jpg
Views:	2772
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	40945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 620.jpg
Views:	2770
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	40946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 623.jpg
Views:	2781
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	40947  

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 627.jpg
Views:	2769
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	40948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 628.jpg
Views:	2773
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	40949  
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 12, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Really enjoying your reviews.

We didn't enjoy our meal at WCC, it was a good few year ago. We've decided to give it another go this trip. Hope it's a better experience than you had.
Old 31 May 12, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
asapaj
Trainee Dibber

Nice to see some more of your food photos after finishing your excellent trip report!
asapaj is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 12, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
What a disappointing meal at WCC, imagine if you had paid OOP for such poor service ...
Have to agree with the burgers at 5Guys being delicious
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 12, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hollywood Brown Derby.

It was dead in there which surprised me. We all really enjoyed this meal. A lot fancier than we were used to. Our server informed us we would get the Fantasmic Dining deal which included a appetiser and priority seating at Fantasmic that evening. It would be costing 2t/s credits each as it was signature dining. Drinks were the usual coke products. For the appetiser I had the Brie, midnight moon and pancetta cakes which was nice.

Marian and Den went for he Cobb Salad( sorry no photo). Kelly had the Blue Lump crab Spring Rolls. Everyone really liked theirs.

For mains Marian and I both had the Spit Roasted Leg of Lamb.

Kelly had the Duck Two Ways while Den had Roasted Breast of Chicken.[IMG][/IMG]

They were all really nice. Evie had a salad to start and then Fish Sticks which she pretty much finished. Lily Belle filled up on bread and didn't touch her hot dog as usual.

The deserts were lovely too. Three of us had Chocolate Three Ways. Marian the Creme Brûlée.

It was a lovely meal and a nice change from the standard food. It would have cost with tax and tip $315.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 699.jpg
Views:	2588
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	40954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 702.jpg
Views:	2606
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	40955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 706.jpg
Views:	2607
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	40956  
Old 1 Jun 12, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Butterbeer Hogsmede IOA.

I bought a frozen butter beer in a souvenir cup which cost around $11. It was actually really nice. Hard to describe. Caramel maybe? The cup could be used to refill coke products for 99c.

Captain America Diner. It was burgers all round, (I went for the double) fries and coke. ( I had also brought along the refill cup I had bought at US the week before, no trouble refilling on a different day). They were excellent burgers.

The girls shared a chicken sandwich which wasn't so good. Overall it was around $50 for 5 meals.

Cape May Cafe.

The reception area was very busy at Cape May Cafe. We probably had our longest wait for an ADR but that was only 15 minutes. We have been very lucky with our ADRs. We had just missed Minnie but we had time to go to the buffet before Donald and Goofy came round. Our sever brought out our drinks straight away.

The others all went to get food while I stayed with Lily Belle. Goofy soon appeared and Lily Belle still didn't want know Goofy again but gave him a high five. Evie Mae came back from the buffet in time to pose for some photos with him. I get the impression a lot of kids are scared of Goofy!

The buffet selection was very nice. (IMHO not as good as Tusker House but still good all the same). I got a good plateful! Again everyone really enjoyed the food. Donald soon appeared and was great with the girls. He signed their autograph books and posed for photos. While he was at our table our server brought out cakes and cards for the girls birthday.( Evie Mae is 5 just after the holiday so we are making it her birthday as well!) Donald helped them blow out the candles and sing happy birthday.

We had about 30 minutes to wait for Minnie but that was good as it gave us a chance to go up to the buffet again! When she came the girls were really excited. She is their favourite Disney Character( non princess). Again she signed their books and did photos.

All the other photos can be seen in my main trip report.

I paid OOP for this due to the credits mix up of a few days ago! With tax and tip it was $142. We all really enjoyed the meal and also being at The Beach Club.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 768.jpg
Views:	2669
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	40957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 804.jpg
Views:	2650
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	40958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 805.jpg
Views:	2659
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	40959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 806.jpg
Views:	2656
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	40960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 795.jpg
Views:	2655
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	40961  

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 817.jpg
Views:	2498
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	41021  

Edited at 06:46 AM.
Old 1 Jun 12, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Lovely additions to your report.. could just eat some of that breakfast food at Cape May Cafe.
Old 1 Jun 12, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Some more lovely reviews.

We had a very dry meal at WCC (skillet) some years ago and we've never made it back.
Old 1 Jun 12, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Enjoying your pictures
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List