Old 22 Jul 13, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
On to my most Favourite breakfast, the Grand Floridian Cafe, not sure if it was the yummy food, the nice atmosphere, the great service or the fact it was just me and Dh or a combination. Ds was away on the kids pirate adventure cruise, which he loved and mil opted for a lazy start.

We ordered the tropical splash to drink, it was orange juice with strawberry, it was really nice. Dh had the Vanilla-laced French toast with Sausages and I had the Citrus Pancakes with Bacon. We had a bit of each and it was like heaven on a plate... . sorry I forgot to take the photo until after we had made a start.

I liked the Grand Floridian, it’s so similar to the Disneyland Hotel in Paris, we had a couple of visits there as it was just the next stop on the monorail from the Poly and mil and I took a liking to Basin.

Would I return – yes, yes, yes!
We had a gorgeous lunch at GF Café, I had the lobster burger. The hotel is lovely, there is a great smell when you walk through the doors off the monorail. We much preferred GF Café to Citricos.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 13, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I've not seen a breakfast report from GF cafe before, looks delish! Did the citrus and bacon go together? May try that one at home! x

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 13, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
I've not seen a breakfast report from GF cafe before, looks delish! Did the citrus and bacon go together? May try that one at home! x
Oh yes, there was maple syrup as well. The full description was
Citrus Pancakes - Roasted Pecan and Sun-dried Cranberry Pancakes served with House-made Orange Butter. None of the flavours were too overpowering.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 13, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
We had a gorgeous lunch at GF Café, I had the lobster burger. The hotel is lovely, there is a great smell when you walk through the doors off the monorail. We much preferred GF Café to Citricos.
I would have liked to have gone back for lunch, will add the lobster burger to my list for next time...
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 13, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yum! Grand Floridian cafe is my favourite single TS restaurant for lunch and dinner. We stayed at the yacht club a few years back and it was still worth the journey over!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 13, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rumpleroo
Very Serious Dibber

What a great report I am at the very very beginning of planning and that helped thank you
Villa 2016 / 2018
Rumpleroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 13, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Id never considered GFC for breakfast before but just read the menu and it looks great. Bit awkward staying offsite though :0(

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 13, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Id never considered GFC for breakfast before but just read the menu and it looks great. Bit awkward staying offsite though :0(
Not the worst though, as you can get the resort monorail from the ttc.
Old 24 Jul 13, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Narcooses

I got an adr for Narcoossses on 180+10 because I wanted the 4th of July so we could watch the fireworks from here. I really wanted the California Grill but of course it was being refurbished. Although we were staying at the Polynesian and the fireworks view from the beach is one of the best I did not want to have to deal with the crowds.

On one of the other boards I have read a lot of debate about taking kids to signature so I was a bit apprehensive as to how ds would be viewed... I needn’t have worried, he was fine and there were a good few other children there, it wasn’t noisy but it was nice.

DS was asked to choose an appetizer here, he had a mixed fruit thing which was lovely with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. He was impressed that he got a cup with a Mickey straw in it, oh the little things...

Mil had Roasted All-Natural Ashley Farms Chicken Breast - White Cheddar-Peppadew Grits, Petite Autumn Vegetables, Chicken Cracklins, and Sherry Chicken. She really liked it and was happy that the portion size wasn’t huge.

I had the Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Grilled Filet Mignon, I had spent a fair amount of time dreaming about this and it was good, although my steak was cooked slightly more than I normally like.

DH had Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Grilled Black Angus New York Strip, he said it was fine but wasn’t really overly impressed.

DS had the Grilled Flat Iron Steak with fries, he had some, tasted my lobster, ate his body weight in ketchup again and declared he didn’t like steak, he’s not a big eater so it was more him than the steak (we had this I don’t like business a few times when he was tired or full!)

continued in next post
Old 24 Jul 13, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Narcooses continued

For dessert Dh and I had the Almond-crusted Cheesecake - with lambert cherry sauce, mine was without the cherry sauce, DH enjoyed it, I thought it was ok but had better puddings!

Mil had the coconut and chocolate crème Brulee, she loves this and thought this one was nice but again not the best she had had.

Ds had the nemo cupcake, he was excited about this after seeing pictures of it online but I think it was a bit sickly for him.

We finished up about 8.45 and headed on to the dock to watch the fireworks, it was busy and you could only get on Narcooses boat dock if you showed your receipt. The boat dock and the grounds around it were pretty busy. It was lovely watching the fireworks from there, the view from the Poly is better but it was nice.

While we were waiting on the boat back to the Poly the electric water pageant started so we saw some from the boat and some from the deck, it was a nice end to the night.