Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 May 14, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 3 -Wendy's and Applebees

Today was DH's birthday so we were going to do an airboat ride so breakfast-come-lunch was just something quick from Wendy's... We both got a Tuscan Chicken Sandwich on ciabatta bread.

Typical fast food fayre, wouldnt rave about it but had it been later in the day i'd have tried one of their square burgers - big gutted i never got to try one actually but its another thing on the list for the next trip.

For tea we went to Applebees just down the road from our villa on the US 27; every time we'd driven past it'd been really busy so we thought we'd try it. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of this food, mainly because we seemed to wait so long I just started eating without remembering to take a photo.

Jason got a 9oz sirloin steak, it came with mash and a tiny bit of broccoli... he wasn't impressed. They said it came with 'veg' so he was expecting the full works (peas, carrots etc.) but the portion was a bit pathetic I must admit. I got an 'Artisan Grilled Chicken Ciabatta' with fries which was really, really nice. I ended up giving DH half of my sandwich because I could tell he was still hungry, it gutted me a bit to give it away but after the afternoon we'd had (more about this in my trip report) I just wanted to appease him as much as possible.

We finished the meal off with a 'Triple chocolate meltdown' which was very nice and just about big enough to share. The service overall wasn't great but it was busy so I do make allowances for things like that, tipped the usual 15-20% but decided we probably wouldn't be back.

I can't help thinking that when we are disappointed with a meal that we have just simply ordered the 'wrong' thing, I imagine Applebees is really good for some things but not for others!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios, Epcot & Planet Hollywood

There was just one place I really wanted to eat in the whole of the Disney parks and that was Pizza Planet... all I wanted was a souvenir cup so this was an absolute must as we were going to Hollywood Studios. Again, we both got the same... a Meat Lovers pizza which came with a side salad and I got a diet coke in a Souvenir cup (really good value I thought because the soda on its own is $2.99 and in a cup it was $4.69)

Both things were nice, Jason wasn't impressed and felt it was a rip off ($30 for 2 pizzas, 2 salads, 1 regular drink & 1 souvenir cup with drink), I personally thought it was actually an ok price for park food. The salad was fresh and crisp and there were plenty of meaty bits on the pizza.

We left HS by about 1pm, went back to the villa for a chill out before heading back out to Epcot at about 6pm. We didn't eat much in Epcot because we had plans to do Planet Hollywood at DTD. I did get a funnel cake though, because Jason's cousin had recommended them to me.

Possibly one of the weirdest things I ate, I only managed half of it and DH didn't like it. It's like a crispy yet chewy warm donut. As you can see I got a 'traditional one' with just sugar on top but looking back I should have got ice cream with it - it would have been much nicer I think.

After watching the fireworks we headed to DTD to go to Planet Hollywood. After a 20 minute wait we were seated in the upstairs part where I immediately ordered a cocktail in a souvenir glass.

I got a BBQ Cheddar Chicken Sandwich and DH got a BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger (not pictured)

It was really beautiful food and I really liked the fries, I ended up giving Jason half of mine again though because I thought he was still hungry. He said he wasn't but because he lies so much I thought he was just saying no but really he was (usually he'll do this and then we'll get back and he'll say oh i'm still starving :angry. Turns out he actually wasn't hungry and my half a sandwich made him feel ill I would have so liked to have eaten that... I had definitely learnt my lesson this time, if he wasn't full after his meal from now on then it was tough titty!

Although the food was nice I don't know if I'd trek to DTD for it again, if I was to go to DTD again I'd probably do Rainforest Cafe as I've heard that's good.
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I think you're right about Applebees, it probably depends what you order. We had steaks in the new one on IDrive a couple of weeks back and the meat quality was very poor... probably didn't help that we had already been spoilt with fab steaks at Longhorns
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Ooh I didn't know that Pizza Planet did souveneer cups! I will definitely have to get one when we go! Yum!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Love all the souvenier glasses you are collecting, I have loads from our last trip - will take the tip about the funnel cake though - ice cream for us too I think
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoying your report, we didn't like funnel cake or dole whips. Like the look of the blooming onion though. 😃
Old 26 May 14, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I love the pizzas at Pizza Planet, always really tasty. x
Old 8 Jun 14, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really enjoying your reports and photos, looking forward to trying some of these places on our next trip

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Fab food report so far - keep em comin! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Please post more soon

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List