Link to this Post

Really great updates. Great report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafe @ Animal Kingdom

This was our first time at the Yak & Yeti cafe and we were not disappointed, although I think I made the better choice here.

I had the Sweet & Sour Chicken which was lovely, nice chunks of peppers & pineapple in the sauce, and great value for a qs meal. You get loads of chicken, only downside of this as I've heard others say is it makes it quite hard to get down to the rice portion as all the chicken is piled on top (hardly a downside really though )

Hubby had the Asian Chicken sandwich which comes with a bag of sun chips, he said it was ok, but he would have preferred the sweet and sour! That's what he gets for trying to choose the healthy option ha ha !

Dessert choice wasn't really great so I had the Banana pudding & hubby the chocolate mousse. They were ok, a bit like angel delight not something I would have ordered/ paid for, if not on the dining plan.

Sweet & Sour Chicken

Asian Chicken Sandwich & Chocolate Mousse

Banana Pudding
Nov2007-All Star Movies,Feb2009-All Star Music,Oct2009- Coronado Springs, Sept2010-Pop Century, Oct2011-Quality Inn Suites & Caribbean Beach,Sept2012-All Star Sports,May2014 Saratoga Springs,May2016 Saratoga Springs Oct2023 Davenport Villa
Robin Sparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

50's Prime Time Cafe @ Hollywood Studios

This is also one of our must do meals, I really like the atmosphere and the food is nice too. We never really get "picked on" but it's fun to see other families getting messed with (we are too good and always set the table and eat our veggies like good boys & girls ) Cousin Tara was our server today and she is just lovely...but doesn't take any nonsense mind

I also love it here because you get Vanilla coke...mmm!

Ok on to the good stuff. I had Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken which came with Green beans and yummy mash. It was lovely and crispy and you get a lot of chicken. I didn't manage to eat it all, but I still got my Clean Plate Club sticker & was allowed to have dessert as I'd been good and ate all my greens

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken

Hubby had the meatloaf served with corn...because you know he was never gonna eat green stuff and Cousin Tara wouldn't have let him have any pudding!

Cousin Ann's Traditional Meatloaf with corn & mash

We both had the same dessert which was the awesomeness & most ridiculously sized, Dad's Brownie Sundae. This is a huge portion of brownie that is topped with ... wait for it... ice cream, whipped cream, M&Ms, hot fudge, caramel sauce, Caramel Popcorn & just in case that isn't enough sugar, there's also some mickey sprinkles on there too!

I barely made a dent in it, but hubby was determined, he'd been looking forward to having this... pretty much since booking the holiday! It is lovely, but just so big you could share it no problem.

Dad's Brownie Sundae
Nov2007-All Star Movies,Feb2009-All Star Music,Oct2009- Coronado Springs, Sept2010-Pop Century, Oct2011-Quality Inn Suites & Caribbean Beach,Sept2012-All Star Sports,May2014 Saratoga Springs,May2016 Saratoga Springs Oct2023 Davenport Villa
Robin Sparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

The brownie sundae sounds epic!
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Mobile

That brownie looks incredible! Xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 14, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Oh my that sundae looks good!

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 14, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

Columbia Harbour House at Magic Kingdom

This is one of my favourite Counter Service meals at Magic Kingdom.

Normally if you go upstairs you can snag a seat no problem and it's usually a bit quieter. Downstairs always seems a lot busier. Not today though, it was busy up and downstairs! So while hubby waited to collect our food I had to source a table. Eventually found one after a lot of hovering! Not ideal as it was next to a bin, but marginally better than having to stand and eat it

I had the chicken nuggets and hubby had the Battered fish basket, they were both tasty & for dessert we both had the Seasonal Cobbler which was blueberry & very yummy, nice amount of cinnamon in it (I love cinnamon), it came with a light custard on top.

I'll apologise now as I only have one photo, and that's of the dessert!

Seasonal Cobbler (Blueberry)
Old 5 Jun 14, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

Ohana @ Polynesian Resort

This was our first time at Ohana, I managed to book it just the day before, for an early dinner at 5pm.

We started with the pineapple coconut bread & salad, I wasn't overly keen on the bread but the salad was lovely and fresh.

Then we had the pot stickers (awesome) chicken wings, noodles, veggies and they came around frequently with the meat and shrimp skewers.

This was finished off with the banana bread pudding (yummy).

Everything seemed to come in quick succession, as soon as we sat down so apologies I don't have many photo's as it seemed quite rushed. I found this quite off putting as I'm a fairly slow eater! The food was very nice though. I presume they're rushing about to give you everything before they do the coconut race with the kids.

Chicken wings, Noodles & Veggies

I was glad we got to experience it, but even though the food was tasty, it's not somewhere I'd rush back too. I know a lot of people love it, but just not for me. Too rushed and very noisy. I would however get a bucket of those pot stickers to take away if they allowed it though, they were very yummy!
Old 6 Jun 14, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We adore CHH as a QS meal. Only ever done 'Ohana for breakfast and while we had no complaints ourselves it on the whole 'Ohana does seem to be having a dip and receiving a number of moans/groans and genuine complaints recently. I guess overall long established restaurants will have big dips. X
Old 7 Jun 14, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Great updates - shame ohana was so rushed! Good to hear that the food is ok though, its on our list for this year

Forgot to say on the last one - totally with you on the vanilla coke front! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List