Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Nov 14, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

DAY 4

We were off to Epcot to sample some food at the F&W festival (and to do all the other stuff, of course...) As is a reccuring theme, we skipped breakfast and headed straight for Epcot and got there at (and this must be a record for us) 8:35!

We did Soarin and used a Test Track FP and I got a Pumpkin Spice frappucino from Starbucks.

Then we went round to World Showcase just as the countries' booths were opening. Mum got an Iced Cappucino from the coffee stand and proceeded to spill it down herself..! (to be fair, they did over fill it )

Food and Wine Festival

The first country we stopped at was New Zealand, and we had the Steamed Green lip Mussels which came with these wierd breadcrumbs on top... we thought these were ok. A bit chewy, but mussels sometimes are.

Next we got the Pepper Bacon Hash from the Farm Fresh stand. This was one of my favourites, the jalapeno peppers were really hot so I ate round those, but it still had a nice kick of flavour.

Next up was South Korea and we had the dog. No, not that sort of dog, we're not that cruel. It was the Kimchi Dog. Again, this was nice - but they're taking the p*ss a bit when it's $4.00 for a quarter of a regular hot dog.

Next was Africa, and mum fancied the sound of the bobotie. Me and mum weren't a fan, so dad finished this off. He actually quite liked this.

We next got something from Italy. Mum fancied the ravioli, which she liked. (the picture makes it look a bit like plane food but its just that the sun was beating down and there wasn't much shade)

and I went for the (ahem) Filetto di Pollo con Funghi al Marsala (I took a pic of the board, I'm not fluent in Italian or anything ) This was quite nice.

The heat was really coming down so we took a break in the Japan gift shop (a must do) and then we went to sit in Morocco and mum and dad got a strawberry and tangerine slush.

It was starting to get quite busy now and we were getting more full. I got myself the Beef Bourginon with mash from France. The beef was really tender. Really good.

The final stand we stopped at was the Desserts and Champagne one. We got the trio of puddings which were a nice end to F&W. The blueberry one was my favourite.

At the end of the day, I thought Food and Wine was good, and a nice addition to World Showcase at that time of year. I did think the prices were a bit outrageous in some cases (especially that little hotdog) and while the food was nice, it didn't blow me away. Still, it was nice tasting food from round the world but if you had drinks too, that could easily add up to the price of a table service meal which is quite worrying aha Still, we had a good time.

Casey's Corner, Magic Kingdom

We were off to see Wishes tonight at Magic Kingdom and we just quickly stopped at Casey's as it was convenient and we weren't that hungry. Aplogies for the awful picture...

I had the normal hot dog and dressed it up a bit with the stuff from the toppings bar, and dad had the BBQ pulled pork and coleslaw hot dog. (if you can make it out from the picture...) Both were tasty. Mum just had some chips dipped in the plastic cheese as she wasnt that peckish.

...tomorrow, Hollywood Studios
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Another good food day!
Old 5 Nov 14, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Another lovely food report! Love the look of that key lime pie, can't believe I didn't know to try it when we went this year and next year I don't think we can fit Bahama Breeze into the agenda
Old 5 Nov 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh fantastic. Absolutely love the food at Bahama Breeze. For some reason I thought Red Lobster was a buffet, looked really good I wouldn't mind trying it. x
Old 5 Nov 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
interesting, I may have to investigate!
This is a serious matter, let me know how you get on

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
Another good food day!
thanks
Old 5 Nov 14, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Another lovely food report! Love the look of that key lime pie, can't believe I didn't know to try it when we went this year and next year I don't think we can fit Bahama Breeze into the agenda
Oh no, there's always a bit of time to squeeze Bahama Breeze in
Old 5 Nov 14, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Oh fantastic. Absolutely love the food at Bahama Breeze. For some reason I thought Red Lobster was a buffet, looked really good I wouldn't mind trying it. x
Yeah no buffet at Red Lobster, but I'd definetly reccommend a visit there. Thanks for reading.
Old 7 Nov 14, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

DAY 5

Today was Hollywood Studios, and a slight change of plan today as we decided to head out for breakfast instead of just getting it in the park.

Perkins, Crossroads

We were seated and we had OJs all round and mum had a tea, and me and dad a coffee. To order, I had the short stack of 3 blueberry pancakes.

Dad went for the French toast and had it with scrambled eggs and bacon.

And in a surprise move, mum went for the waffle which was unlike her. Its meant to come with eggs and either bacon or sausage, but she didn't want the egg. Spose they could've given her a bit of extra bacon but it wasn't like there wasn't enough to eat.

All breakfasts were good and pretty reasonably priced.

Backlot Express, Hollywood Studios

Weirdly I was feeling quite hungry around midday and as it was practically next door after coming off Star Wars, we went to the Backlot Express.

I had the Chicken nuggets and chips meal (don't judge me... I fancied some American nuggets )

They're not really nuggets, more strips or tenders or whatever they call them, wish ours were like that over here. Anyway, I digress...

Later on, mum and had some ice cream. Dad had the Apple Crumble (?) flavour from Hollywood Scoops...

Mum didn't originally want one but after seeing it said she did, (women eh? ) but the queue was too long so she just got a chocolate banana from the cart by Tower of Terror.

Starbucks, Premium Outlets Vineland Ave

After the day at Hollywood Studios we spent a couple of hours at the Premium Outlets. We stopped at Starbucks in the food court.

I had the Sweet Shaken Iced tea.

Dad had a Vanilla Bean frappucino.

And mum had a Caramel frappucino without the cream.

Longhorn Steakhouse, Vineland Ave

Dinner was, well... right next door. Good ol Longhorns. We had a short 5 min wait and were shown to a nice cozy booth in the corner next to a big table of Brits. Noisy Brits. Brits with children that insisted on running round almost screaming ...thankfully the kids grew tired and they left not long after.

Our server was really friendly and she started by bringing out the bread.

After we ordered they brought out the salads, mum and dad both had the green salad with ranch dressing.

And I had a Caesar salad.

For the mains I went for the new Apple Cider Baby Back ribs. They're new and on the specials bit of the menu. I went for the half rack and chose mash as my side.

And mum went for the regular Baby Back ribs, she went for a full rack and went for fries but she mainly just ate the ribs (not that there was anything wrong with the fries, just saying )

And dad went for the 11oz Ribeye steak. He had it with a baked potato with sour cream.

Too full for dessert, and I'm not a steak lover but let me tell you that those ribs were a-ma-zing. They had a really smokey, appley flavour and the sauce that went with them was the same too. The mash was really creamy too. Mum liked her ribs too and dad said the steak was one of the best he'd had. So overall, not bad then? (sssshhh... prob why we returned later on)

...tomorrow, Universal and Diagon Alley
Old 8 Nov 14, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Yum yum great report
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 14, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Yum yum great report
Cheers, thanks for reading.

...on a more worrying note - I've just seen your countdown. Does it mean we have to wait a year for another dixonsontour food report?! There must be a mistake