Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jul 15, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn22
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Against data protection - car rental

Contacted charter travel I'm
Booked through with a few questions , I'm not allowed to know the exact villa ( fair enough) OR which car rental company they use as its against data protection ... WHAT 😠, surely they could tell me which company fgs so I can see which model of cars in the group we've chosen they use & how much they charge for sat av rental 😡
lyn22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ahh the old Data Protection Act excuses. Tends to be used by the same type of people who constantly quote the Health And Safety Act at you.
Have to say I had this in work all the time and it was normally used by cretins who are too bone idle to actually give you the answer they are obliged to do.

If a travel company did this to me they would be losing me as a customer! I can understand about the Villa as they may still be working on future contracts but not Car Rental.
Ditch them they don't deserve your business.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

I've never had a problem getting any info off charter, obviously if its allocation on arrival you pay less for this because you are allocated whats available nearer the time, not sure about car hire though, was that allocation on arrival, if not i would ring back & speak to someone else, did you speak to the person you booked with
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sunaddict
Imagineer

Some companies don't tell you in case they can find a cheaper supplier
sunaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sunaddict View Post
Some companies don't tell you in case they can find a cheaper supplier
Exactly! That's the reason

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Send them £10 and a request under their quoted Data Protection Act (Section 7) a Subject Access Request for all the information they hold on you (or call them and threaten to). They could redact (blank out) the info you ask for but I don't see a reason why they would be allowed to do this. Make sure you make specific that they should include all info including emails and recorded phone calls (or transcripts of).

I've used this to great effect many times - once, when suing a company for breach of contract, I received a whole chunk of info including an internal email from their lawyer stating "If this goes to court we will lose...". That made for an easy negotiation

Still doesn't beat this PCSO "jobsworth" goo.gl/FPkhQv - that made me laugh
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

I would
  • ask them which schedule of the act applies in this case
  • tell them as they are legally required to give you a copy of the information they hold about you, you will be putting that request in writing and you fully expect it to hold which companies you have been booked with

Listen to them panic...
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

The data protection act applies to personal information, such as yourself and your information, not what car hire company they use. I suggest you direct them to ico . org . uk before someone else decides to go there to complain about them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn22
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

well I've paid in full the entire holiday so can't ditch them & I wouldn't imagine which car rental company they will be using would cover info they hold on me , villa I know what type of villa & where it is , I'm just not on the exact one ( was going to Google Earth it lol ) car rental we have booked a 7 seater people carrier type , again was just wanting to know which rental company to check them out , see which models they use & stuff like that , really can't see that the problem is telling me which company
lyn22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn22
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I should have done a thread asking which car company other charter customers have had
Closed Thread