Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Aug 15, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks for all the lovely comments, hoping to do some more updates tonight!
Old 21 Aug 15, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Subscribing! Great so far xx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 15, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic food report, can't wait to read some more, its helping me get into the mood. x
Old 21 Aug 15, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique

Tuesday 28th July
Ice Creams – Sea World

Today we were in Sea World & we decided to get some ice creams in between shows. (Cant remember what the name of the particular shop / counter was)

Andy had a Fanta float.

I had a Soft Serve with caramel sauce

The Sophie & George had a vanilla & chocolate twisty cone each.

These ice creams were nothing to write home about & I probably wouldn’t bother with them again. It tasted quite cheap and watery & melted extremely quickly.

I am unsure as to the exact price as I have not noted it down I would imagine it was somewhere around the $12 mark.

Score 5/10
Old 21 Aug 15, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique

Red Lobster – 192 (between markers 4 & 5)

Tonight was our wedding anniversary & we had decided to give Red Lobster a try. We had a coupon for a free appetiser or dessert for joining their e-club.

I had a strawberry lemonade to drink. I didn’t really enjoy this, I found it too sickly sweet. I much prefer the more sharp raspberry lemonades. $3.09

Andy had a sprite $2.59 and Sophie & George had apple juices (included in the price of their meal)

We decided to use the voucher for a free appetiser. We selected two we liked the sound of from the menu but couldn’t decide which so we got both.

Lobster Pizza $10.79
Our signature crispy thin-crust pizza topped with Maine lobster meat, melted mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and sweet basil.

This was nice enough and had quite nice chunks of lobster on it.

Coconut Shrimp $9.79
Hand-dipped shrimp, tossed in flaky coconut and lightly fried until golden brown. Served with our signature pińa colada sauce.

I preferred this out of the two, the coconut worked really well with the shrimp & the dipping sauce was good too.

Red Lobster also give you a portion of cheddar bay biscuits too, these were nice, really cheesy & warm & moreish, there were none left at the end of the meal!

For our mains, Andy & I both chose the ultimate feast $26.99
Tender Maine lobster tail, steamed North American snow crab legs, our signature garlic shrimp scampi and Walt’s Favourite Shrimp. Served with wild rice pilaf and choice of side.

We both had it with the rice & had fries instead of the broccoli. This was nice but a fairly large portion so I didn’t finish all of the garlic shrimp or the fries.

Sophie had a child’s grilled chicken meal $6.29

George had children’s chicken fingers $6.29

It was a nice meal here & we enjoyed it, the server was a little OTT though which was slightly annoying, and she forgot to take off our voucher for a free appetiser too so we had to get the bill reprinted.

Total Bill $87.77 we left $105

Score 8/10
Old 21 Aug 15, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Fantastic food report, can't wait to read some more, its helping me get into the mood. x
Im very jealous of your countdown! We had a wander round the Grand Floridian whilst we were there its a beautiful resort. - Enjoy
Old 22 Aug 15, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Thanks for posting... cheddar bay biscuits mmmmm
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Originally Posted by Craft-ique View Post
Im very jealous of your countdown! We had a wander round the Grand Floridian whilst we were there its a beautiful resort. - Enjoy
Thank you, I can't believe its now less than a week. I'm really excited about staying at the Grand Floridian as I've always thought it was amazing. x
Old 22 Aug 15, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Yum, loving your food report so far x

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great report so far, we are staying offsite for 3 weeks next Easter so following for tips 😊 very helpful to see prices x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List