Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jun 16, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jaccuziman View Post
What Helen meant, I think, was that if you are on a dining plan, this only includes a soft drink.
So if any alcohol is purchased, you are charged separately, 2 receipts, therefore 2 tips on different bills, of different amounts.
It can get messy.
Although the beer at Mickeys bbq is included, as is the tip.
Not that it makes that much difference but we have only ever had one receipt on the DDP which includes the alcohol.
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We usually leave about 15%. More if it's really great service.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaygirl1973
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
From the DIBB guidebook
We get many discussions on our forums regarding tipping in Orlando and one comment that usually crops us is "why should I use my hard earned money to tip". The easy answer is, if you can't afford to Tip then you can not afford a USA holiday.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Tipp...ando-p-40.html

I'm guessing the USA isn't your type of holiday if you don't want to tip. It is what it is.
That's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. I am more than happy to pay for good service and a good meal but no where deserved 18%. I can afford a holiday where ever I want but if I don't want to tip I don't have to. It is not the law to tip in America. We have family in America who think we are all fools for leaving such a big tip.
holidaygirl1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by holidaygirl1973 View Post
That's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. I am more than happy to pay for good service and a good meal but no where deserved 18%. I can afford a holiday where ever I want but if I don't want to tip I don't have to. It is not the law to tip in America. We have family in America who think we are all fools for leaving such a big tip.
Was there anything on the DIBB guide to tipping you agreed with or was it all the biggest load of rubbish you've ever heard?
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by holidaygirl1973 View Post
I've got to say, we've just come back and we had 5 days of Disney dining the the tipping drove me insane. They want 18 or 20% for doing next to nothing and never did a meal in our eyes, warrant a 20% tip, that's just insane. We got so fed up with it that in the end whatever we had and wherever we went we just left a ten dollar tip and that was it. Some tips were asking like 40 or 50 dollars...absolutely no chance.
Well maybe you hated the experience so much you won't come back again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As a party of six we got hit with an automatic 18% tip for Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. So I'm paying 18% for someone to bring me a drink and clear away plates. Did Jiko and Sanaa where we got great advice from our server but for a buffet it's taking the mick (pun not intended)
I always tip whether I'm abroad or at home but a mandatory 18% sticks in the throat and yes I can afford it but that's not the point.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread