Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Sep 16, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Dine With Shamu

I am wondering if anyone has done this and could share their experience?

It looks nice, but do you really get to see much of of the Whales etc and does everyone get to sit near the edge (like in the promo picture) or can you end up miles away and it isnt really any different from any other dinner?

Basically.. is it worth it?
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

We went this year. I booked it as a surprise for my daughter. We were close to the glass but were too far away and on the corner for a good view, especially as the group next to us all stood up so we couldn't see. The earlier you book the better the table. The glass was dirty so no really clear photos either. The food was OK. I wouldn't do it again. Other people on here have had better experiences though, maybe we were just unlucky.
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JoB View Post
We went this year. I booked it as a surprise for my daughter. We were close to the glass but were too far away and on the corner for a good view, especially as the group next to us all stood up so we couldn't see. The earlier you book the better the table. The glass was dirty so no really clear photos either. The food was OK. I wouldn't do it again. Other people on here have had better experiences though, maybe we were just unlucky.
INteresting thanks. I thought it might be a bit luck of the drawer with regards to where you sit. Might book something in for October now and cancel if i change my mind
irvsax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This was our view a couple of years ago..we really enjoyed the food and the show,we're doing it again next June..we had a table at the front and I think we booked about 6 months in advance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
irvsax
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post

This was our view a couple of years ago..we really enjoyed the food and the show,we're doing it again next June..we had a table at the front and I think we booked about 6 months in advance.
See, now that is very cool! If only you could find out what days had good tables left etc.
Old 2 Sep 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

I wish our seats had given us that great view. Brilliant picture Scottsmomma.

Edited at 09:58 PM.
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I understand you get allocated table dependent on your booking ie: first come first served. Is this the case?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did this last week it was fab we were also told seating is allocated based on when you book. They were good about asking people to sit down when they stood in our way the food was good too. I mentioned my dds birthday on the booking and she was given a souvenir shamu bowl with ice cream, cream and sprinkles in wine and beer are included in the price as well as soft drinks. We did it 4 years ago and it was better this year. There are some food pics in my food report
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 04:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Here's some of our pics. Looking forward to doing it again this Sunday! 🙌🙌
Old 3 Sep 16, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did this a couple of weeks ago, we were next to the glass, we all loved it, the whales were amazing, a trainer talks to you on a mic and explains what the other trainers were doing, and another person walked from table to table answering questions, really interesting, we were very pleasantly surprised at the food (buffet) and the deserts were great too, highly recommend doing this, we did however have a great view at table 17, but there were only two rows of tables so if not at the glass, you wouldn't be far away