Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 16, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Very clever. We just bought a mixer. Its very good but would have loved a kitchen aid. My husbands a chef and that's what he would use in work but they were just too expensive. Will have a look next year on black Friday.

Wendy
Just seen you are there when we are. We go on 11th November staying okw.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
bowl in the suitcase and the body part of it in a rucksack as hand luggage
All of ours went in a hold-all, we just asked the virgin check in agents to put loads of fragile stickers on the hold-all, it was well packed in its original box, there were clothes packed around it & it arrived the other end all intact.
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wherever you buy it you will love it! I have had mine for 16 years and its as good as new (it gets used about once or twice every second week on average).
I bought the blender too but it packed in after about 10 years.
Accessories are definately worth buying over in US - I have the pasta maker, meat grinder and sausage making thingy (whatever possessed me to buy that one I have no idea - I only made sausages twice as it was such a faff :-) )
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
agreed

I was planning on fitting the converter in the cupboard and running the OUT ( 110 V ) upto a a US socket fitted on the wall, next to the UK 240 V ones, then you have a 110 V US socket for anything you buy in the US

no more lifting of the converter ( knock down box in the building trade ) all fitted and out of sight
We have exactly this, I have a nice little US plug socket in the kitchen and my converter hidden in the unit.
I get to use all my Kitchenaid stuff, plus my Bath and bodyworks plug ins.
OH has a charging plug for his US bought tools.
Plus our xmas lights are from Home Depot
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I bought 1 when we where over there in 2014. We just took it out of the box and packed it in the case wrapped in clothes etc. We also bought a voltage adaptor thing in Walmart for about $20 and it's worked perfectly for the past 2 and a half years.
Be prepared to have your cases searched by security though, understandable really when they X-ray a case full of wiring!
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I would really love one of these! Or I also really want a Keurig machine because I've always loved them when I use my uncles when I've stayed with him.

Do people keep the kitchen aid in their hand luggage? Interested in how much it usually weighs?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

according to amazon, the kitchenaid classic is ~6.8kg (15lbs) and the artisan is ~10-12kg (22-25lbs)
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Great idea! I never thought to check amazon. Oh this is dangerous. I got in 2 weeks
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread