Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jan 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellya
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the replies, I think it sounds a great experience but as we haven't watched any films I think we'll take our chances if there are any drop outs later in the day as we'll be there for the fireworks and don't think the kids will have the energy for another rope drop all day park!
Kellya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our son did this in 2013, we got to the turnstiles 45 minutes before the park opened and there was already a queue!

The thing I remember most vividly tho were all the grown men "walking very fast" dragging their kid behind them to get to the queue while the park staff shouted "no running! "

As I said, we got there really early to queue and Joe got I think 9.30 ish timeslot x

08/2013 - Vista Cay Apartments 08/2015 - Sandy Ridge Private Villa - Wedding trip!
08/2016 - Royal Pacific 08/2017 - Royal Pacific 08/2018 - Royal Pacific

11/2019 - Royal Caribbean/Royal Pacific
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have also arrived at the park late morning and just gone to see if there were any slots available and DS got one in the evening at about 7pm. We then hot footed it over to Fantasmic. This was late August.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are staying onsite, look out for early magic hours. Will let you get in at 8 without having to book a breakfast and you can head straight there
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

I have deluxe ddp. As we are will naturally up early on the first day want to do to HS as my son iloves Star Wars. Where can I book for breakfast to get in before rope drop and where do you sign up?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Anyone know where you sign up?
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DE Willo View Post
Anyone know where you sign up?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DE Willo View Post
I have deluxe ddp. As we are will naturally up early on the first day want to do to HS as my son iloves Star Wars. Where can I book for breakfast to get in before rope drop and where do you sign up?
You will need to book a Adr for a ppo breakfast at 180 days. H and v does breakfast , not sure if any other restaurant do. When you arrive for breakfast, check in for Jedi training is just up from h and v at Indiana jones shop.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
We went in September and were there early, but after rope drop and got a place at 11.30am show. It was VERY hot but they gave out water to children and it was worth it as he got to battle darth vader (just to warn you half battle the seven sister from star wars rebels cartoon).

Sign up is right next to Indiana Jones, we had no clue where to go but basically just enter park take first left and carry on past Hollywood & Vine and you can't miss it

Great fun for children, and like previous poster said children do drop out (2 did at our sons time) so it's worth hanging around if you don't get a slot as you might get lucky

There is also a photopass photographer taking pictures and they give you a card to take to the photo shop to get the ones of your child linked to your disney account
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Great thanks both, thinking to do this first day and go for Hollywood Vine for breakfast.

Note it is closed, anyone know why?