Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jan 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
When it's called Disney world it really does mean so much more than Disneyland Paris.
I've always wanted to visit Disney world since I was little and had managed to visit Disneyland Paris twice before eventually booking for Disney world. I can't even begin to explain how magical Disney world is compared with Paris. It wins for me every time. Just everything about it I love it.
You have to visit all of the parks, they are all so different In Many ways. I won't lie and say it's a relaxing holiday but it is by the my most amazing holiday to date.
We are jetting off again in just over a week and we cannot wait, just me and my 6 year old. I can't think of a better place for us to holiday especially with him at the age he is, it's going to be an actioned packed fortnight and millions of magical memories will be made. We will have some relaxing days by the pool or mini golf etc and in all
Honesty I'm not sure who's more excited haha
What I would say is get yourself a good guide book, and have a good read through, make sure you're prepared and I have no doubts that you will love every second

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caspdex View Post
You couldn't fit Parc Disneyland into the Magic Kingdom, it's bigger.
themeparktourist/feat...ys-theme-parks
In undercover tourist it says that DLP would actually fit in MK's parking lot...
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mulv2222 View Post
In undercover tourist it says that DLP would actually fit in MK's parking lot...
I never mentioned parking lots
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks to everyone who has replied. We would like to do universal and also discovery bay so we are concerned we simply won't have time to fit in everything! Our kids are 10,11 and 13 so we are trying to get ideas together about what we actually want to do versus what we have time for.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

To answer your original question the american style just suit disney and so the experience is much better. Some of the rides are the same like dumbo, but when it comes to POC, thunder mountain, tower of terror, space mountain, haunted mansion. They may have the same/similar names but are themed differently and in some cases are tottaly different. for example space mountain has no inversions in DW. So for me I would still visit all the disney parks. Add in the theming and entertainment and you can't loose.
As you want to do universal and discovery as well , yes it can be done with a bit of planning. As you have children of an age who can deal with longer days this should be fine. Have a think about doing disney water parks in a morning and then doing the evening fireworks etc later that day. This works well for us.
For universal you will need 2 days minimum depending on how busy it is . You could consider one night in one of the universal hotels to get unlimited front of line passes, that would make that easier and makes the whole time better.
For disney you need to plan at least 1 day for each park and then look at a return to some eg MK. Epcot is big and can take a long time to look around properly.
If you have ever been to lego discovery and then to lego land , i would say the difference between DLP and Disneyworld is similar.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nuttyfamilyof5 View Post
Thanks to everyone who has replied. We would like to do universal and also discovery bay so we are concerned we simply won't have time to fit in everything! Our kids are 10,11 and 13 so we are trying to get ideas together about what we actually want to do versus what we have time for.
In all honesty. You won't be able to do it all.

Do you plan to do seaworld as well?

If you are doing univeral, if funds stretch, look into booking a room onsite for a night to get free express passes and early entry. Then you could do universal/ioa a couple of days.

Remember it's a holiday. You won't be able to do it all. Even no matter how hard you try you will always find things you didn't do.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi guys newbie here :-). We are booked to go to Florida this November for our first trip to Florida. We have visited DLP three times before. The first time was fantastic we had a fabulous time. The second was ok and the third time was absolutely rubbish. We decided to take the plunge and book for Disneyworld.

Can anyone answer a few (possibly stupid) questions please?

How does Disneyland in Florida compare to DLP?
Is it worth still visiting Magic kingdom and Disney Hollywood studios when it seems that the majority of the rides are also in DLP?
In a 14 night holiday is it possible to fit in ALL of the various parks without coming home exhausted needing a holiday to recover?

Sorry for the essay. We are feeling a bit overwhelmed! Thanks :-)

How does Disneyland in Florida compare to DLP?

Take DLP, add good weather, great service, Polite CM's, good food, more rides and fill it with people who are happy ( guests and CM's ) and want to be there

then you have WDW

Is it worth still visiting Magic kingdom and Disney Hollywood studios when it seems that the majority of the rides are also in DLP?

Yes, loads of rides for all ages, but even the smaller family rides add to the WDW experience

In a 14 night holiday is it possible to fit in ALL of the various parks without coming home exhausted needing a holiday to recover?

Yes, you can take it as easy as you like, if you are only doing the disney parks ( and the 2 water parks ) you will be able to relax a little, if you are doing universal / IOA ( these take 3 days imho ) then you will be slightly more pushed, but at the end of the holiday, just have a day or 2 doing just your fav stuff
Old 6 Jan 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
We did WDW first then DLP and I think it totally spoilt DLP for us. It didn't FEEL like Disney to us at all: it didn't feel magic. I don't know whether that was because of the weather or whether the level of American hospitality was just so much better. We encountered some really rude people (and cast members!) at DLP and I think that really spoilt it for us, but we love the whole Florida experience so I think a big part was that we missed that as I know many people love DLP. There's nowhere in the world like WDW: the minute you walk through those gates the comfortable feeling of being in Disney wraps round you like a warm blanket.

you nailed it with that post

DLP is full of rude Europeans who just do not get the disney thing, I know the DLP fans will argue this point, but imho its how it is
Old 6 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

we have done it all in 14 days

3 days MK
2 days Epcot
2 days HS
1 day AK
1 day Uni
1 day IOA
1 day Between Uni and IOA
1 day DC
1 day sea world
1 day DS ( and disneyquest ) / Outlet shopping / Disney golf

not in that order, first and last day are at MK, DC for the middle weekend saturday ( due to DC only selling a certain amount of tickets and avoiding disney on the weekend, that Sunday spent at DS, outlet shopping and then crazy golf in the evening
Old 6 Jan 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh and as for rest days

1 day on the flight on the way to orlando

1 day on the flight back home

thats all you need