Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jan 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nuttyfamilyof5 View Post
How does Disneyland in Florida compare to DLP?
Walt Disney World in Florida is bigger than DLP. Much bigger!

At DLP the two parks are right next to each other and Disney Village is just outside both. You can walk between each and also to the Disney hotels. Hopping between parks is pretty simple.

At WDW the parks are miles from one another. You cannot walk between most of them (you can walk between Epcot and Hollywood Studios but it's a good 20 minute walk or more). You have to drive between the parks and this takes around 15 minutes. Disney Springs (WDW's version of Disney Village) is separate from, and no where near, the parks. It's much bigger than Disney Village as well. And, of course, there are two waterparks, two mini-golf courses, several full-size golf courses (etc) at WDW. Plus over 20 hotels.

Also, it's worth remembering that it's not just Disney in Orlando. There are the Universal and Seaworld parks in the area too (and Busch Gardens over in Tampa). Orlando is a theme park lovers paradise.

Finally, the weather is very different in Florida compared to Paris. It'll be a lot hotter!

Is it worth still visiting Magic kingdom and Disney Hollywood studios when it seems that the majority of the rides are also in DLP?
Yes.

Although Magic Kingdom at WDW is quite similar to Disneyland Park at DLP there are still plenty of differences. Even rides that have similar names are quite different; Space Mountain at WDW is totally different whilst Pirates of the Caribbean has added Jack Sparrow. Hollywood Studios has much more of a Star Wars feel to it (which may or may not be a good thing).

In addition, these WDW parks (and Epcot) have some great night time firework shows which are missing at the parks in Paris. Because the Florida parks are in their own 'county' the fireworks and night time entertainment can be as loud and spectacular as they want.

In a 14 night holiday is it possible to fit in ALL of the various parks without coming home exhausted needing a holiday to recover?
No.

In Florida there are a total of 9 theme parks and 4 (soon to be 5) water parks. Even if you just went to each park once, the parks would take up all of your 14 days.

We typically just visit Disney and Universal, plus a day at Seaworld, and still come back a little exhausted. It is not a relaxing holiday. If we tried to fit in Busch Gardens, Legoland, Discovery Cove and several trips to the malls in addition to what we already do, then I'm not sure we'd survive.

But if you stick to just Disney then, yes, you could probably have a relaxing holiday. But then you'd miss out on all the other fun.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry but personal they don't I know they say Disney but they totally diffrent . Diffrent county's diffrent cultures. I done both and they both diffrent there are rides which are simler but diffrent .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

They're both great for very different reasons. What I would say is that, even though they share a lot of attractions, the attractions themselves are almost all different in some way. This means you'll still be getting new experiences. In all honesty though if an attraction is in both DLP and WDW (eg. Pirates, Thunder Mountain) I almost always prefer the Paris version.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Only Florida for us but that's our preference
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

For me WDW just is Disney, even though DLP was the first of the parks I had been to. We went to DLP in Nov 2015 and it really is starting to show its age. We found the park quite dirty the queues were horrendous (it was half term) and there were so many breakdowns that it became a running joke with us as to if we could actually get on a ride first time, seriously, the maze apparently broke down! WDW we last visited in 2011 and loved it and are going back this year (can't wait!) but as everyone else has said still do the MK as they are really different and you can't do WDW without going to MK. Big difference for me is all of the extra touches in WDW such as so many more characters out and about and little hidden things all around. DLP to me feels like a normal theme park with a Disney theme, WDW is Disney with a theme park theme.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
emsparkles
VIP Dibber

emsparkles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To emphasise what many people have said, and having visited both Paris and Florida last year, to compare the two is difficult.
Bizarrely I found I had to plan more when I was there at DLRP as they have really old school systems such as Paper FP and we found it was impossible to book restaurants before we go there as the phone line was just jammed all day long. Your usually there for less time so we had to be pretty creative and flexible with times, route planning, restaurant ADRS. I found it very frustrating and stressful at times. Also there is a huge outdoor smoking problem. A complete disregard for the no smoking policy and cast members just dont care. Very different culture to the USA.
It is great for a 'quick fix' of Disney but its not the same.
I like WDW as whilst you plan more up front we actually find that when we are there it is so nice not to have to worry about where we are eating, what we are doing when etc.

DVC Member: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort- August 2001 ** Upcoming February 2024***
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort- March 2020, October 2018 & 2023
Disney's Boardwalk Inn & Villas - February/March 2017 & 2016
Disney's Coronando Springs Resort - June 2013
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2012 & March 2022
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - April 1995 & 1998
emsparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by emsparkles View Post
Also there is a huge outdoor smoking problem. A complete disregard for the no smoking policy and cast members just dont care. Very different culture to the USA.
Completely agree with this, I am a smoker (trying to quit before Florida) but it really annoyed me that I was trekking halfway across the park for my fix so that I didn't disturb anyone else (especially with so many children in the park) to then see people smoking everywhere even in the queues!
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
They're both great for very different reasons. What I would say is that, even though they share a lot of attractions, the attractions themselves are almost all different in some way. This means you'll still be getting new experiences. In all honesty though if an attraction is in both DLP and WDW (eg. Pirates, Thunder Mountain) I almost always prefer the Paris version.
Agree some rides are far better at DLP, we were actually quite disappointed the first time we went to wdw with a few of the rides which had been our favourites in DLP but the rest of the parks certainly makes up for it so definitely worth doing MK.

On our first visit we went to every park in Orlando (Disney. Universal, seaworld) plus Kennedy space centre and Busch gardens. We thought it was a once in a lifetime holiday and wanted to see and do everything. We were tired when we got home but so what. We had a fantastic holiday and I wouldn't have changed a thing.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
The main thing for me is the size of WDW, it has so many different parks to choose.

DLP has the edge with everything being so close, which is great, especially when staying on-site.

DLP really is lovely too, but there is far more to WDW obviously with it's sheer size.

The rides as someone said above, each counterpart for me is better in DLP than WDW, Space Mountain has a loop as is more of a coaster.

Although huge bonus is at WDW the language barrier obviously too.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List