Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Jan 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by babyboo View Post
sorted...mailed avis and both bookings now showing on my avis preferred.

next question re b executive free driver... do we have to que up at the desk to add additional driver on or can we go straight out to the booth in the garage and do it there?
I'm keeping an eye on all the answers as we go in 3 weeks. Have used alamo for years but never used Avis. Have just checked and both our February and august trips are showing on Avis preferred.
Old 18 Jan 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babyboo View Post
sorted...mailed avis and both bookings now showing on my avis preferred.

next question re b executive free driver... do we have to que up at the desk to add additional driver on or can we go straight out to the booth in the garage and do it there?
Just go straight to the booth in the garage and they'll sort it there.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
xls999
Gone all Goofy

Not sure if this will also be of use to anyone travelling soon - well before beginning of April I make it. 100 euros plus potentially 100 pounds off?

avis/car-hire-offe...fer-preferred#

Edit
I seem to be having some trouble pasting the exact link. Click on the url above then choose Activate Offer and look at More Details. The contents of the page are copied below

Up to 25% off in our New Year Sale
Plus €100 bonus with Avis Preferred

Celebrate the arrival of 2017 in our New Year Sale – there’s up to 25% off car hire at thousands of rental locations around the world. This limited time offer applies to our core range – so everything from superminis to people carriers.

Avis Preferred €100 bonus spend with every rental PLUS €100 extra for new members
On top of the usual priority service and perks, we’ll add a €100 bonus spend to your account once you’ve rented with us, as long as you booked during the New Year Sale. If you’re a new member we’ll give you an extra £100 bonus for renting in your first 60 days of membership.

So whether you’re headed to the sun or the slopes, our New Year Sale makes now the perfect time to load up and hit the road for less.

Our New Year Sale discounts are available for bookings up to 31st January 2017 for pick-ups up to 6th April 2017.

Further edit

It looks like the further (100 pounds or euros) is actually a status credit not actually cash back. See below. Sorry the original page is pretty ambiguous

A little bonus to get you started (helping you reach Avis Preferred Plus status even faster): the ‘loyalty value’ of your rental will go up by €100 if you hire a vehicle within 60 days of registration.

Please note: This value will be credited within five days of the rental car being returned to us, at which point it can be viewed in your online account. This bonus only applies to new members.

Edited at 05:34 PM.
xls999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This also works and saves £100 on a two week rental if you hire a small compact car for 30mins pick one car up at 2:00 drop off at 3:00 and collect long duration car at 3:00. Cnt wait to see desk agents face at hotel! Saving 100quid over two weeks on SUV
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xls999 View Post
Not sure if this will also be of use to anyone travelling soon - well before beginning of April I make it. 100 euros plus potentially 100 pounds off?

avis/car-hire-offe...fer-preferred#

I seem to be having some trouble pasting the link. The url I copied is above but does not go to the expected page which is copied below

Up to 25% off in our New Year Sale
Plus €100 bonus with Avis Preferred

Celebrate the arrival of 2017 in our New Year Sale – there’s up to 25% off car hire at thousands of rental locations around the world. This limited time offer applies to our core range – so everything from superminis to people carriers.

Avis Preferred €100 bonus spend with every rental PLUS €100 extra for new members
On top of the usual priority service and perks, we’ll add a €100 bonus spend to your account once you’ve rented with us, as long as you booked during the New Year Sale. If you’re a new member we’ll give you an extra £100 bonus for renting in your first 60 days of membership.

So whether you’re headed to the sun or the slopes, our New Year Sale makes now the perfect time to load up and hit the road for less.

Our New Year Sale discounts are available for bookings up to 31st January 2017 for pick-ups up to 6th April 2017.

Saw cheaper rates when using the code H811101 So might be worth a look trying both codes to see which comes out better.
Also, when using different country websites...you get even lower rates. I saw it go down in Avis Germany and I think France too.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
xls999
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Sunnysky View Post
This also works and saves £100 on a two week rental if you hire a small compact car for 30mins pick one car up at 2:00 drop off at 3:00 and collect long duration car at 3:00. Cnt wait to see desk agents face at hotel! Saving 100quid over two weeks on SUV
Very clever!

Edit. I still think this is ingenious but on reflection wonder if it will make the workaround public?

Edited at 06:40 PM.
xls999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Its just big companies being greedy and playing on peoples holidays, also BA will be able to say to avis that they have provided them with an increased volume of rentals(my thoughts neways)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hall family
I want to go now!

BA/Avis car hire

Just booked ford focus two weeks car hire £250 by doing a split booking. This is for July. Very happy. Thanks for heads up.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
Hall family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I found this on another thread.
I have now booked 2 x 1 week Car Rentals. Tried pick up MCO, Drop off LBV/Kissimmee with other rental the other way round but no vehicles in class I wanted.
Changed to MCO for all pick ups and drop off's, and got a Tahoe for 1st week, not available 2nd week so took 7 seat mini van.
Think I saved £237 over the 2 week rental. £371 for 2 weeks rental, Tahoe week 1, minivan week 2.

Was not working for me until I deleted all the BA cookies - which I was informed to do on the other thread.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)

Edited at 09:30 PM.
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Just thought I would bump this post.

Just checked and this is still working
7 days for 5 and the double booking