Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Jan 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Can anybody help me out here ?

I have made my Bookings all completed and paid via the BA site in full.
Confirmed and e tickets printed out.
Added my Avis prefered number to bookings.

Here is my problem

When I log in to my Avis account it shows my bookings but it states

The cost is to be paid on arrival.
Am I correct in thinking that is just the way the system works and my vouchers are actually the payment.

Would not like to arrive and have to battle it out with Avis.

If anyone has any experience with Avis maybe they have seen this before
Old 10 Jan 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Can anybody help me out here ?

I have made my Bookings all completed and paid via the BA site in full.
Confirmed and e tickets printed out.
Added my Avis prefered number to bookings.

Here is my problem

When I log in to my Avis account it shows my bookings but it states

The cost is to be paid on arrival.
Am I correct in thinking that is just the way the system works and my vouchers are actually the payment.

Would not like to arrive and have to battle it out with Avis.

If anyone has any experience with Avis maybe they have seen this before
Just logged into my account on Avis and mine also says payment to be made on collection, also it's quoting an amount £23 more than I've paid. The strange thing is at the top of the page it states that I need to present the credit card i made the booking with !
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post
Just logged into my account on Avis and mine also says payment to be made on collection, also it's quoting an amount £23 more than I've paid. The strange thing is at the top of the page it states that I need to present the credit card i made the booking with !
Yes mine is also quoting a higher rate than I have already paid, And states
Please bring this confirmation and the card used to make the booking with you when you pick up your car.
Old 10 Jan 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Yes mine is also quoting a higher rate than I have already paid, And states
Please bring this confirmation and the card used to make the booking with you when you pick up your car.
I've just printed my two vouchers from the BA website and both show pre paid voucher so I'm assuming everything is ok!
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Slinky Malinki View Post
What an excellent tip this is! I've just a bad a look and it could save us a packet. There's an avis not far from where we're staying as well.

Having picked up from this location numerous times, allow plenty of time. One small desk inside the Park Inn with one (usually fraught!) lady looking after the rentals every time we have picked up. Does take some time in my experience!
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post
Even if you have paid up front they do insist on seeing the same card you booked with. I had to go back to the villa once as i'd forgotten the card i booked with and she refused to let me have the car!
wpalmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Originally Posted by wpalmer View Post
Even if you have paid up front they do insist on seeing the same card you booked with. I had to go back to the villa once as i'd forgotten the card i booked with and she refused to let me have the car!
Thanks, we'll make sure we have it with us.
Old 10 Jan 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
They don't insist on exactly the same card as such, but a credit card in the same name as the person that made the booking. I always use my UK Barclaycard to pre-pay car rentals but give them my Halifax Clarity card when picking up the car.

If they did want exactly the same card they'd also have issues with cards that expires or were lost and replaced between the time of the booking and picking up the car.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Having picked up from this location numerous times, allow plenty of time. One small desk inside the Park Inn with one (usually fraught!) lady looking after the rentals every time we have picked up. Does take some time in my experience!
Thanks for the heads up.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wpalmer
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Incarniac View Post
They don't insist on exactly the same card as such, but a credit card in the same name as the person that made the booking. I always use my UK Barclaycard to pre-pay car rentals but give them my Halifax Clarity card when picking up the car.

If they did want exactly the same card they'd also have issues with cards that expires or were lost and replaced between the time of the booking and picking up the car.
Good luck with that if picking up from Maingate Avis at the Park Inn. She absolutely insisted it was from the same card number or she would have to do a new booking! Completely agree that this is unworkable if you get a new card but just a polite warning thats what happened on the day.