Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jan 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Soarin and feeling sick

I bottled out trying Soarin on our last visit after doing Ellen's Energy ride some years ago and feeling very sick during one particular scene (helicopter flying over mountains). My husband says Soarin is not the same and I should give it a try but I'm scared of feeling that ill again. Can someone please reassure me it's not so bad and advise if there are particular seats I should avoid. Many thanks
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

I will watch for the replies on this as I cannot go on anything that spins. It simply makes me ill for the rest of the day 😞😬
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I was fine on soarin. Didn't feel sick after. I did mission space green once and felt awful after.
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Its fine - it doesn't spin. You sit on a swinging seat and they lift you up and then you watch a film which makes you feel like you're Soarin' ! You don't move about - if you felt sick you'd just close your eyes. I get terrible motion sickness but I love Soarin'.
jen xx
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a really weak stomach - for perspective I don't do any coasters or spinning rides - wouldn't even try BTM or Madhatters tea cups. The worst sickness I ever had was on yogi bear simulator at Universal (which I believe is now Simpsons - haven't done it since) I agonised over Test Track and Soaring this year, watched videos, read reviews and finally did them. Soaring was fine apart from one bit coming over the Great Wall of China where I briefly felt queasy, looked at the blank wall for a second and it was over. The swing doesn't really move so shutting your eyes or looking away would sort you out if needed. I would happily do it again now I know what's involved and could enjoy it without worrying. Test Track on the other hand left me feeling sick as a dog - never again!

Edited at 08:58 PM.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
I have a really weak stomach - for perspective I don't do any coasters or spinning rides - wouldn't even try BTM or Madhatters tea cups. The worst sickness I ever had was on yogi bear simulator at Universal (which I believe is now Simpsons - haven't done it) I agonised over Test Track and Soaring this year, watched videos, read reviews and finally did them. Soaring was fine apart from one bit coming over the Great Wall of China where I briefly felt queasy, looked at the blank wall for a second and it was over. The swing doesn't really move to shutting your eyes or looking away would sort you out if needed. I would happily do it again now I know what's involved and could enjoy it without worrying. Test Track on the other hand left me feeling sick as a dog - never again!
Whatever you do you must completely avoid Primeval Whirl at AK. The downhill coaster bits are not too bad but the spins at the end of each drop are very extreme.

Mick
Old 10 Jan 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Whatever you do you must completely avoid Primeval Whirl at AK. The downhill coaster bits are not too bad but the spins at the end of each drop are very extreme.

Mick
Thanks - I did avoid that one too!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
avibelle
Getting Excited

imnot very good on rides soon get queesy, soarin is fantastic didnt feel sick at all,its my favorite, but avoid mission space like the plague ,ended up passing out and spent a lovely afternoon in the first aide slept for two hours, not something i would wish on anyone
avibelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for all your replies, I think I'm going to give it a go. I'm such a wuss that it took me until the end of my first Disney trip to do Splash Mountai, this will be our fifth trip and it's now my fave ride. I think I need to stop overthinking things so I don't miss out. Of course this doesn't apply to Mission Space, Terror Tower and Mad Hatters Tea Party, lol.
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Syjen
Very Serious Dibber

I suffer from motion sickness and endure it to get through some of my fav rides... Star Tours and Shrek at Universal, but never have a problem on Soarin'. just enjoy it, it's amazing!
Syjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List