Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jan 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Recommendations for family friendly restaurants near Universal/I-Drive

Hi.

We are going with a 10 year old in August and staying near Universal. It has been a long time since our last trip, and some of the restaurants my family liked seem to have closed down, so thinking I need to look at new places to eat.

My daughter is not particularly fussy, but i'm looking for recommendations so we don't spend our whole holiday between burgers/pizzas and the Golden Coral!

At the mo, I have Golden Coral, Millers Ale House, Cici's on my list as definite - maybe sweet tomatoes or olive garden. We used to like Ponderosa and Sizzler, and a Chinese buffet on I-drive near beltz - but looks like all of these are closed.

Can you give me any suggestions of your family's favourite restaurants mid price restaurants around universal and I-drive between universal and say pointe orlando?

Thanks.
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MischiefManaged
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

MischiefManaged's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
Hi.

We are going with a 10 year old in August and staying near Universal. It has been a long time since our last trip, and some of the restaurants my family liked seem to have closed down, so thinking I need to look at new places to eat.

My daughter is not particularly fussy, but i'm looking for recommendations so we don't spend our whole holiday between burgers/pizzas and the Golden Coral!

At the mo, I have Golden Coral, Millers Ale House, Cici's on my list as definite - maybe sweet tomatoes or olive garden. We used to like Ponderosa and Sizzler, and a Chinese buffet on I-drive near beltz - but looks like all of these are closed.

Can you give me any suggestions of your family's favourite restaurants mid price restaurants around universal and I-drive between universal and say pointe orlando?

Thanks.
In sept we stayed in Rosen Inn at pointe - we lived in millers its amazing, amazing atmosphere and fabulous food. Cici's also to die for.. But nothing will ever beat Millers..

try Bahama Breeze, i love it there!
The brick house has the BEST porkchops, I always took pictures of food so i can try find them for you haha..

The pub at pointe is amazing,
the longhorn is also very nice as well as the outback..
Old 12 Jan 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Another vote for Bahama Breeze, also Maggianos Little Italy is good, for homestyle Italian food, gets great reviews on trip advisor. Longhorns is great for steak.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks to both of you for replying. Had a look at your suggestions and added Bahama Breeze and Brickhouse to my list.

Cheers. Dianne
DFussy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

We liked Applebees and Friendlys too
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MischiefManaged

These are from the brick house, yard of ale and pork chops... if you don't get the pork chops you will be devastated..

These are our meals from Bahama Breeze, not the best photograph but the steak, fish tacos and on a separate occasion I had the jerk chicken pasta, which was to die for.

Edited at 11:15 PM.
MischiefManaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MischiefManaged

I can also vouch for apple bees, french onion soup is the best thing I have ever tasted - we had breakfast in friendly's but it is more like a diner, so of a night not our thing so much

I am passionate about food haha!