wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Arrow Pizza, Wings and Stranger Things 2019 Day 6

Day Six – 16th August 2019

THE INDEX IS HERE

You left me yesterday having gone to bed early, not feeling the best. The night went from feeling as cold as a polar bear’s balls to sweating like Gary Glitter’s Travel Agent! Thankfully by 6:30am I was wide awake and feeling a lot better. One trip to the smallest room in the villa and some serious porcelain vandalism later and I felt on top of the world.

Feeling a lot better, I updated my notes and the next entry read ‘At least Lynn might cheer up now’. This is in reference to my good lady wife’s utter disdain for anyone who is ill. Honestly, don’t ever feel ill around Lynn, not only will you get zero sympathy, you will feel like you’re a burden to mankind and to think, she wanted to be a sodding nurse when she was younger!

So, a lazy morning ensued. The weather was a bit crap (raining) but it didn’t stop the kids going in the pool.

Having just got over a bout of ‘Delhi Belly’, imagine the joy when my back started itching like Miley Cyrus’ crotch! I’ve had prickly heat once before, many years ago having had sunburn and this was a direct result of getting my back burned at Bahia Honda beach.

If you’ve never had prickly heat, it’s horrendous. I spent the next 20 minutes in the shower as warm water eases it. Having googled it, there is a bit of a debate as to whether you put cold or hot water on it to ease it but warm certainly gave temporary relief for me. Once out of the shower though it was as bad as ever.

Having heard all the fuss I was making over my itchy back, Lauren was out of the pool and had now decided that her back was itchy too. From this point in the holiday onward, Lauren was referred to as ‘Munchausen’. Luckily, ‘Nurse Lynn’ came to the rescue as she had bought hydro-cortisone cream the other day for her mosquito bites. A quick slap of this on my back and within minutes, the itch was (more or less) gone.

Mid-morning, we left the kids playing pool (and later watching Men in Black) and Lynn and I headed to Walmart to get some supplies.

Upon exiting the villa, I was ecstatic and then devastated in quick succession when I saw the paper had been delivered (Joy) and then realised it was bloody soaked despite being in a plastic bag! I love a good ‘Dad read’ of a local paper.

In Walmart we bought mainly junk but also some salad and fruit (because I had Lynn with me). I have no photos of our shopping form Walmart but I do have one of one of the best bargains I’ve ever seen. If I could have got this in the suitcase we would have got one……………..

Look at the size of that pool! 18ft across, 4ft deep, filtration system, viewing window in the side
and it was only £200!

Disappointed not to have snagged a 6m pool, I consoled myself with 1.5l of vodka for £13 in the Walmart liquor store instead.

The afternoon was largely spent in the pool. With me breaking briefly to try and catch some fish in the canal at the bottom of the garden (I failed miserably). However, the sun did put in an appearance briefly too, so all was not bad.

These bleeders are everywhere now!

Late afternoon and Lynn and I sat at the side of pool drinking beer. Life was very relaxed and good. It was a couple of years since we rented a villa and we were very much enjoying having our own space and the slower pace of life.

Eventually the kids had to be wrenched out of the pool before they dissolved.

Next we had a pool tournament which obviously I won easily. We switched to pairs to make it a bit fairer and had a cracking time. This was a proper 9 ball table and it was so much better being in the open plan living area of the villa rather than in the stinking hot garage like so many villa owners seem to locate them as an afterthought.

As the title of this trippy eludes to, we watched a lot of the Netflix show ‘Stranger Things’ this holiday and tonight was no exception. Despite the kids having already watched every season, Lynn and I were playing catch up, so we watched another two episodes before ‘tea’.

Our evening meal tonight was homemade! It was a ham and cheese salad with nice bread and plenty of crisps. For those of us who had recently suffered form bad guts, it was just the tonic to eat something plain.

Whilst I have no photos of the salad, I do have photos of dessert. Some of you will remember me going on about ‘Cool Whip’ in previous reports and hands down this simple dessert is just awesome. Get some nice chewy cookies, add some fresh fruit and drown it in Cool Whip. You won’t regret it!

After dessert we went in the pool again until dusk, then continued our Stranger Things marathon before turning in. We’re up early in the morning to go fishing!

Tomorrow - Fishing and Lounging

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

Edited at 02:18 PM.
wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Some great pool shots!

Glad you've recovered from your minor illness!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

What a great idea about the pool table. We have to holiday in August and the games room in the garage is always a no go area as it’s just too hot. Wouldn’t perhaps want a pool table in the lounge, but there is usually some unused area in a villa where one could go instead. Awesome.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like a lovely villa. It's great to have the pool table in the villa! Glad your bad stomach sorted itself quickly!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Nice to just chill out & remind yourself you’re on your hols. That pool in Walmart looks the business, don’t see them like that in Asda! A good day 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List