Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin-Oct Reward Flights

Deciding whether to take the plunge and book March or hold out and see if we can get reward flights for October.

Has anyone managed to get miles plus money flights in October ideally only using 25k miles pp?
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I got full reward flights for this October (got back on Tuesday), using 25k miles each. I couldn't find any from Manchester this year though so flew from Gatwick for the first time.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I got full reward flights for this October (got back on Tuesday), using 25k miles each. I couldn't find any from Manchester this year though so flew from Gatwick for the first time.
Thank you for asking this question @scl
And thank you for your reply@loves2plan
I was just about to ask the same question about Oct 2020 reward flights and it sounds as if you were possibly away for the same dates we need Oct 21st to Nov 4th
May I ask when you booked for your trip and did you have to phone Virgin to book?
Never done this before and have to admit it makes me nervous lol
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

@loves2plan thats great news may hold out a little longer then as we love October. Will keep our fingers crossed. Can I ask when you booked your reward flights?

Also how did you find Gatwick as we normally fly from Manchester but will fly from anywhere if it means we get our holiday
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I'm always on the look out for Miles flights. Sometimes there are tons and other times they are very very rare.

But Miles plus Money flights are invariably available for all classes on the aircraft. Not a great use of Miles but needs must sometimes.

We fly from Gatwick 3 or 4 times a year and find it fine. Not as good as the South where VA was but the North is ok

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 03:00 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As said you can use your miles to get money off any flight so not an issue. Actual reward flights are something else. We’re really struggling for September from Glasgow. Economy reward flights haven’t shown up at all for our dates and now the PE ones are gone too (although we don’t have enough miles for PE both ways).

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone really appreciate it. Have been looking at various dates and the only time currently available for reward flights within our miles from Manchester is March.

Going to hold out a little longer and see if anything comes up for October which is always our preferred time to go so fingers crossed.

Also great to know that Gatwick is ok just need to persuade the rest of the family to consider going from a new airport
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sorry for the delay in replying. I booked my reward seats separately, and called to do it as I had miles split over 4 accounts, so it was easier that way.

I booked our return flight on 10th December and our outbound on 17th October. It was a bit of a gamble doing it that way, but I had Norwegian as my 1 way back up to get us there if reward flights didn't pop up, but they did

We also found flying from Gatwick okay and thought that security was set up my h better than Manchester. It'sca 1-2 hour longer drive for us, depending on traffic, but we'd do it again

@Snowwhite - yes, our dates were 21st October-4th November, which was Monday-Monday, so the equivalent dates for next year would be 19th-2nd. Looks like you'll be doing Wednesday-Wednesday - is that right? If so, I think it's easier to find midweek reward flights than it is weekend ones.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Sorry for the delay in replying. I booked my reward seats separately, and called to do it as I had miles split over 4 accounts, so it was easier that way.
@Snowwhite - yes, our dates were 21st October-4th November, which was Monday-Monday, so the equivalent dates for next year would be 19th-2nd. Looks like you'll be doing Wednesday-Wednesday - is that right? If so, I think it's easier to find midweek reward flights than it is weekend ones.
Thanks for your reply - yes our dates are Wednesday out Wednesday return. Hope you're right and that I manage to time logging into the site just right
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List