Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WonkyTrout
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
It would be good news if it was another carrier but they are still a monopoly over Manchester to MCO

Congrats

If anyone is interested and has a higher budget TUI have dropped to below £1000 from man to sanford which is the best deal I have seen so far... I'm still holding off haven't found a deal to suit us yet.
Just booked for my sister and two nephews, TUI Direct from Newcastle 17th to 31st August. Ideally would have liked longer for them but they only get back from Spain on 13th (with their dad), so a few days to chill.

Just over £800 direct, NCL means no Parking needed, no petrol down to Manchester, no tired drive back for them.

Very happy to spend that on them even if we don't have our flights or villa yet lol!
WonkyTrout is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
thomass7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
Is there ever a positive for indirect flights. Not even a better price is worth the aggro with kids and when you have to come home, you just want to get home...and as quick as possible.
Another positive for us (we are a family of 7 and have travelled indirect for years with 5 children) apart saving £1000s is you have the opportunity of flying with other airlines. With direct you are more restricted to Virgin and BA really (I know there are other options but) I don’t mind BA but indirect we often fly Delta or Lufthansa 😊 and we personally prefer the aircraft and service. So it’s choice we get from indirect - funny as Direct would have to be the same price or less for me to choose direct now. Norwegian were good direct actually 🤔...
thomass7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WonkyTrout View Post
Just booked for my sister and two nephews, TUI Direct from Newcastle 17th to 31st August. Ideally would have liked longer for them but they only get back from Spain on 13th (with their dad), so a few days to chill.

Just over £800 direct, NCL means no Parking needed, no petrol down to Manchester, no tired drive back for them.

Very happy to spend that on them even if we don't have our flights or villa yet lol!
That's great ... Some of them dropped quite a fair bit it is worth paying extra to avoid the hassle... I do put a financial value on the extra hassle it will involve.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thomass7 View Post
Another positive for us (we are a family of 7 and have travelled indirect for years with 5 children) apart saving £1000s is you have the opportunity of flying with other airlines. With direct you are more restricted to Virgin and BA really (I know there are other options but) I don’t mind BA but indirect we often fly Delta or Lufthansa 😊 and we personally prefer the aircraft and service. So it’s choice we get from indirect - funny as Direct would have to be the same price or less for me to choose direct now. Norwegian were good direct actually 🤔...
Agree, delta is our preferred airline now.

A plus for us is we get to fly from Heathrow rather than travelling all the way to Gatwick (hate that journey when you’re tired and just want to get home). Or Manchester depending which has the best deals (usually Heathrow).

Edited at 01:04 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
thomass7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Agree, delta is our preferred airline now.

A plus for us is we get to fly from Heathrow rather than travelling all the way to Gatwick (hate that journey when you’re tired and just want to get home). Or Manchester depending which has the best deals (usually Heathrow).
Oh yes of course ! I’d forgotten that positive - Heathrow is easy for us too we’re only around 30mins from Heathrow - in the past we’ve also gone from London City which preferable to Gatwick! It really does open up more options and massive saving mean we can choose to spend the money we saved on another trip or whilst we’re away !
thomass7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WonkyTrout View Post

thats not to bad from Newcastle was this with bags?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
WonkyTrout
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
thats not to bad from Newcastle was this with bags?
That was with 2 bags
WonkyTrout is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

My flights have gone up while we were trying to finalise details Back to the drawing board.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
My flights have gone up while we were trying to finalise details Back to the drawing board.
Oh no hate it when that happens.

We booked BA and they have just cancelled our flights and booked us on earlier flights on same day out and return. When I priced up these new flights,just for a comparison, for 8 of us in the group, it was over £3k more expensive, obviously BA haven't charged us as they rebooked us but I don't think there are many bargains around, if you see it book it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Oh no hate it when that happens.

We booked BA and they have just cancelled our flights and booked us on earlier flights on same day out and return. When I priced up these new flights,just for a comparison, for 8 of us in the group, it was over £3k more expensive, obviously BA haven't charged us as they rebooked us but I don't think there are many bargains around, if you see it book it.
Glad that it has worked out better for you £3k is massive...
It is because our dates may be changing or extending... I flippantly said to DH oh we could have an extra week the flights are the same price or 2 weeks lol ...I haven't given up yet ...I am a little more determined (I might be visiting an extra park) W e shall see.

Glad that your flights got worked out in the end