Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Oct 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It doesn't pay to be nice anymore does it?

I've always tried to be a nice person, helping others when I can-going out of my way to be nice, polite, etc.

It seems though now that doing this just ends up with people taking advantage and treating you like dirt.

I don't ask for help unless I really really need it, today was one of those occasions-the reply igot from the animal charity makes me wonder what the point of it all is?

Guess I've got to toughen up, talk to people like crap and only care about ourselves like a lot over here seem to

Sorry for the rant, things are a bit of a struggle for me right now
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

No don't lose the faith, remain the good person you are.
It's horrible when we don't get treated the way we would like.
Can you take it up with the person who treated you badly?
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
I've always tried to be a nice person, helping others when I can-going out of my way to be nice, polite, etc.

It seems though now that doing this just ends up with people taking advantage and treating you like dirt.

I don't ask for help unless I really really need it, today was one of those occasions-the reply igot from the animal charity makes me wonder what the point of it all is?

Guess I've got to toughen up, talk to people like crap and only care about ourselves like a lot over here seem to

Never feel like you should ever be anything less than yourself.

My PM is open if you need to talk xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

The world needs more people like you, please don’t stop ❤️
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post

Please don't let it get you down that the animal charity didn't help. Carry on being the person you have always been, I am sure there are a lot of people who appreciate it.

I was brought up to be the same as you are. Be polite, respect people, be nice, and help if you can. In the main I have found that most people appreciate this, but not everyone. You will always get some who will be horrible when you say or do something that they don't like. It doesn't matter how nice you have been to them, or how much you have tried to help them, they will turn nasty when it suits them.

As I said above, carry on being the person you always have been. If people try and take advantage and treat you like dirt, don't let them, but don't come down to their level, they have the problem, not you.
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry your feeling like this. Don't let horrible people turn you into them. Continue to be you. Nice people make the world a nicer place.
💜
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mobile

Keep being nice... it does pay to be nice, I only got offered my nice little job because I helped someone I did not know load their car in the rain. I got wet, I was cold and a bit miserable, but smiled and helped just as my current employer was walking past... serendipity...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

That only makes sense if you are only nice because you expect payback. The reality is nice people are nice because it's who they are
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

We are what we are imo, some people are givers others are takers. I will always be a giver, it is my nature. No rewards needed .
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Don't lower yourself to their standards. Be the lovely person you are.

Edited at 11:29 PM.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List