Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 19, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Came into the USA via MCO earlier today - there were definitely 4 queues, lettered A-D on the signs "in the corridor" from the aircraft. The bank of plasma / LCD screens above the queues in the immigration hall proper also had A-D on.

A was Global Entry, Sentri & Nexus (all of which are pay-in schemes).
B was Diplomats & Military Veterans - but a lot of people with wheel-chair pushers (so likely special assistance) were in this line.
C was - cannot remember 100%, but may have been first time visitors.
D was returning ESTA visitors.

Of course it matters not what the signs say if the Ambassadors decide to (or are instructed to by CBP) merge the C & D lines into one for everyone. Lines they would not touch are A & B as that would annoy a lot of people who have paid into the schemes / cause a diplomatic row... but the latter may well not bother the current occupant of the White House!

All I can say is I was through on Global Entry today in about 3 mins. It was a god-send as a LATAM (Brazilian Airline) plane parked up just before us - it delayed us as it was in the way, but got a gate closer to the immigration hall. When I was waiting for my bags (only a 5min wait too after immigration I looked back at the long queue... our flight had 444 onboard & the LATAM aircraft would have had anything up to 238 onboard.
I assume you were on a BA plane? We were right behind you on the VS15.
You are spot on ref the lines and A to D. We were also through in under 5 mins with Global Entry. Cases first off. Then we hit the monstrous line as the darn escalator had broken down.

How I managed to carry 3 cases up the stairs on my own in one hit I will never know!
Bloody shambles.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I assume you were on a BA plane? We were right behind you on the VS15.
You are spot on ref the lines and A to D. We were also through in under 5 mins with Global Entry. Cases first off. Then we hit the monstrous line as the darn escalator had broken down.

How I managed to carry 3 cases up the stairs on my own in one hit I will never know!
Bloody shambles.
Nope - was on the VS75 from MAN, so we had the benefit of being the first long-haul "heavy" in from the UK... but as we witnessed, a LATAM arrival 5 minutes ahead & with a closer gate to immigration can mess that right up.

The new escalator was working when we went through at about 15:30.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Nope - was on the VS75 from MAN, so we had the benefit of being the first long-haul "heavy" in from the UK... but as we witnessed, a LATAM arrival 5 minutes ahead & with a closer gate to immigration can mess that right up.

The new escalator was working when we went through at about 15:30.
Ahhh. One of the Guys said a child dropped a coin in the escalator and it got jammed! Total chaos.
My Wife was warm as toast, she had one case, a cabin case and handbag so got some Guy to help her. Good girl!

I see there were 5 VA planes in so assume Glasgow was in the mix today.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 04:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
We just went through MCO immigration 12 hours ago. There’s a sign that says for returning visitors but it just puts you into the same queue for all international arrivals so there’s no separate queue or anything. Also no kiosks anymore.
We found the same on Thursday
Took ages to get through as only a few kiosks manned

Edited at 05:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
We found the same on Thursday
Took ages to get through as only a few kiosks manned
Were you on the 11:40? If so you probably saw us, I was the one with the sleeping toddler on my back .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

We went through MCO immigration yesterday as returning visitors. The only kiosks now are for Global Entry. Most of the desks were open and we were greeted with a near empty immigration hall so we were through in 5-10 mins
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
B was Diplomats & Military Veterans - but a lot of people with wheel-chair pushers (so likely special assistance) were in this line.
When we went in the summer the wheelchair pushers (the airport guys) were in same line as everyone else. Seemed bonkers they stood there all that time - nearly 2hrs for us, and we were about halfway back in the hall, which was full.

The wait time stats are lying for that day. Maybe it was particularly bad because it was a Sunday, and very few desks were staffed. Our flight from Manchester, normally in first I think, was a bit late in which messed things up for us.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
When we went in the summer the wheelchair pushers (the airport guys) were in same line as everyone else. Seemed bonkers they stood there all that time - nearly 2hrs for us, and we were about halfway back in the hall, which was full.

The wait time stats are lying for that day. Maybe it was particularly bad because it was a Sunday, and very few desks were staffed. Our flight from Manchester, normally in first I think, was a bit late in which messed things up for us.
I have the App for the TSA wait times for leaving passengers but are you saying there is one for the CBP Immigration lines?
That's news to me albeit hard to get the phone linked and interrogated before you get to the area where you aren't allowed to use it.

The TSA wait times I find pretty accurate

Edited at 12:27 PM.
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have the App for the TSA wait times for leaving passengers but are you saying there is one for the CBP Immigration lines?
That's news to me albeit hard to get the phone linked and interrogated before you get to the area where you aren't allowed to use it.

The TSA wait times I find pretty accurate
Not an app, it's a historical report: cbp.gov/travel/advisories-wait-times

Click "Airport wait times" - then Orlando MCO Airside 4, and date range.
It does show 2hrs for the day we arrived (28th July) but that's how long we waited and there were hundreds of people behind us for the whole time we were there.

Edited at 12:38 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Not an app, it's a historical report: cbp.gov/travel/advisories-wait-times

Click "Airport wait times" - then Orlando MCO Airside 4, and date range.
It does show 2hrs for the day we arrived (28th July) but that's how long we waited and there were hundreds of people behind us for the whole time we were there.
Ahh I see. That makes sense.